SOLD Grand Rapids, MI - 1996 Lexus LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/676066257443666?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab4c91379-f999-4d4b-8e55-635b0bb423ec
Price lowered to $15,000 before storing for the winter. Arizona Lexus with many upgrades, has 34,000 miles on new Toyota OEM engine installed 2015, truck has 322,000 original miles. Never driven in Michigan winter. Not factory locked. Very nice condition, body is rust-free and in very good shape, but has some paint fading in areas.

Some upgrades provided by dogfishlake, including the Bowfin Cruisers rack and rock sliders.

Can be seen/driven at my friend's business, Lakeland Car Company, 0-141 Lake Michigan Drive, Grand Rapids, lakelandcarco.com, 616-735-9400.

Also posted on AutoTrader: Autotrader - page unavailable - https://www.autotrader.com/marketplace/buy/lexus/lx/1996/JT6HJ88J5T0124546?listingId=698047378&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Flexus%2Flx-models%2Fgrand-haven-mi%3Fzip%3D49417

ARB front Bull Bar
Warn Industries winch
Atlantic Coast Cruisers stainless exhaust system with stainless steel header
Old Man Emu (OME) heavy lift springs
Icon Stage 1 shock absorbers
Eimkeith castor correction plates
Tom Woods front driveshaft
Extended brake lines
Bowfin Cruisers roof rack
Bowfin Cruisers rock sliders
New steering wheel cover
Air blows cold
New battery 2022
Tires are in good shape, 80% tire tread
Runs and drives great

Lexus in woods.jpg

Last edited:
Asking $16,500. Arizona Lexus with many upgrades, has 34,000 miles on new Toyota OEM engine installed 2015, truck has 322,000 original miles. Never driven in Michigan winter. Not factory locked. Very nice condition, body is rust-free and in very good shape, but has some paint fading in areas.

Some upgrades provided by the awesome dogfishlake, including the Bowfin Cruisers rack, he's my brother and all around family Cruiser expert. He checked it out thoroughly a year ago when I bought it.

This trucks has been so much fun, but I bought a new house and need remodeling $$. Can be seen/driven at my friend's business, Lakeland Car Company, 0-141 Lake Michigan Drive, Grand Rapids, lakelandcarco.com, 616-735-9400.

ARB front Bull Bar
Warn Industries winch
Atlantic Coast Cruisers stainless exhaust system with stainless steel header
Old Man Emu (OME) heavy lift springs
Icon Stage 1 shock absorbers
Eimkeith castor correction plates
Tom Woods front driveshaft
Extended brake lines
Bowfin Cruisers roof rack
Bowfin Cruisers rock sliders
New steering wheel cover
Air blows cold
New battery 2022
Tires are in good shape, 80% tire tread
Runs and drives great

View attachment 3415920
Hi there, I am interested. please DM. Thanks

Today I turned this…
1AA7BACA-AE61-46E9-92D0-4DF0EADAF3AD.jpeg
BE18985A-E4C0-4A34-A844-977E6A2E2A29.jpeg

Into something much better. The fix? See above!

Thank you, LuluonSL, for a solid deal. She is a beauty, drives great, and makes it almost all better, but I can live with her not being green. I will take good care of her.

Happy that my old LX found a good home. Happier you walked away from this!
It is clearly a well-loved and carefully maintained vehicle, as well as tastefully outfitted. I very much appreciate what your contribution was to this wonderful find.

Happy that my old LX found a good home. Happier you walked away from this!
It is clearly a well-loved and carefully maintained vehicle, as well as tastefully outfitted. I very much appreciate what your contribution was to this wonderful find.

Today I turned this…
View attachment 3474856View attachment 3474857
Into something much better. The fix? See above!

Thank you, LuluonSL, for a solid deal. She is a beauty, drives great, and makes it almost all better, but I can live with her not being green. I will take good care of her.
OH MY!! So glad you made it out ok greentruck. Also happy the Lexus is going to a good home. Let me know if you have any questions and hope your trip home is safe! Thank you!

OH MY!! So glad you made it out ok greentruck. Also happy the Lexus is going to a good home. Let me know if you have any questions and hope your trip home is safe! Thank you!
Made it home in good order. It even fit in the garage!
tNRd4h.jpg

The LX is reliable and drives well. I had the Scangauge plugged in and it showed the water temp in the excellent nominal range of 190 F to 193F with 16 to 17 MPG indicated on the road. The P141 code you advised of re the O2 sensor circuit did pop up once, but the very common P401 was more often the culprit as it was on my old 80. Both were easily extinguished with a few button pushes.

The fuel filler door was an easy fix by fabbing a couple of new springs out of springy phosphor bronze sheet that I use sometimes around my model railroad. Here's a pic if anyone else runs into this.
RhPoS2.jpg

One of the kids is already getting hyped for when he's old enough to drive it.
DuNamg.jpg

It's pretty exciting to have something back in the garage that I can tinker with and adjust to my heart's content.

Last edited:
Made it home in good order. It even fit in the garage!
tNRd4h.jpg

The LX is reliable and drives well. I had the Scangauge plugged in and it showed the water temp in the excellent nominal range of 190 F to 193F with 16 to 17 MPG indicated on the road. The P141 code you advised of re the O2 sensor circuit did pop up once, but the very common P401 was more often the culprit as it was on my old 80. Both were easily extinguished with a few button pushes.

The fuel filler door was an easy fix by fabbing a couple of new springs out of springy phosphor bronze sheet that I use sometimes around my model railroad. Here's a pic if anyone else runs into this.
RhPoS2.jpg

One of the kids is already getting hyped for when he's old enough to drive it.
DuNamg.jpg

It's pretty exciting to have something back in the garage that I can tinker with and adjust to my heart's content.
That’s the best part of owning a cruiser tinkering, and making it your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom