Got troopy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a fridge and a 2nd battery. Optima, Blue Sea ACR switch, and fuse panel.

20180701_232830_resized.jpg

20180713_210147_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Got the AC working. Cutting the vents into the dash on each side was just a little stressful :eek: given the little room for the vent tube placement behind the dash. The three loose vents in the middle are in temporarily while I try to figure out a good solution. The tubing and vents are not necessary as the unit is located right behind the radio opening and blows almost straight through. Thinking of finding some cool retro vent off a semi or other truck to use. Someone mentioned cutting the louvers out of a 40 side cowl which could be pretty cool with some fab work. Would love to hear ideas!

20180809_212343_resized.jpg

20180809_212832_resized.jpg

Installed some MIC TUNING pickup bed lights on the hardtop for some indirect lighting. They are adhesive backed, but I just laid them in the hardtop lip front to back without using the adhesive. One set in the back and one in front. The one up front is tapped off the OEM B-pillar light. Good cheap solution with lots of light.

MIC TUNING lights

20180803_001202_resized.jpg

Was fortunate to be able to work with Dave at 4Plus Products for a tire carrier and ladder. Dave had not created this style ladder for a 40 series and was very generous with his time, creativity, and ideas. Super happy with the results and it works amazingly well.

The ladder is removable and attaches to the 5 gallon jerry can holder. The can holder is also removable and attaches to his standard base plate. Climbing to the roof is easy and comfortable which will come in handy as I just had both knees replaced last week. Ladder can accommodate Rotopax containers, propane tank, and/or HighLift.

Will update with better pics once I'm more mobile.

Many thanks Dave. Your work and service is remarkable.

LadderUp.jpg

LadderExt3.jpg

20180823_214232_resized.jpg

Last edited:
The CJ7 ring has a hook at the top that will hook down onto the light base of the FJ25. I drilled a slot in my 40 base for the CJ light ring clip to go into.
View attachment 75862

Added a fridge and a 2nd battery. Optima, Blue Sea ACR switch, and fuse panel.

View attachment 1824419

View attachment 1824421

Diamond plate cup holder, Whiskey on the rocks? Looking great, some Beautiful work for sure, will be finishing up mine soon (hopefully) and will be driving on the SS M16's I bought from you. Keep up the great work. Cheers, Geoff.

Was fortunate to be able to work with Dave at 4Plus Products for a tire carrier and ladder. Dave had not created this style ladder for a 40 series and was very generous with his time, creativity, and ideas. Super happy with the results and it works amazingly well.

The ladder is removable and attaches to the 5 gallon jerry can holder. The can holder is also removable and attaches to his standard base plate. Climbing to the roof is easy and comfortable which will come in handy as I just had both knees replaced last week. Ladder can accommodate Rotopax containers, propane tank, and/or HighLift.

Will update with better pics once I'm more mobile.

Many thanks Dave. Your work and service is remarkable.

View attachment 1824431

View attachment 1824433

View attachment 1824434

Is that another project Troopy on the right side?

Diamond plate cup holder, Whiskey on the rocks? Looking great, some Beautiful work for sure, will be finishing up mine soon (hopefully) and will be driving on the SS M16's I bought from you. Keep up the great work. Cheers, Geoff.

Yup, a slightly over built cup holder. Thanks for the comment. Looking forward to seeing those M16s on your rig...great looking tires.

Thanks! That's the plan. Thinking of finding an aluminum flat rack that sits 5-6" inside the outer edge of the rain gutter. Then trying to make some rain gutter mounts that curve up following the hard top curve. Something lower profile than the standard tall mounts.

Hello folks,

Well, the Troopy is done! I'd like to thank everyone here who helped me by suggesting ideas, finding solutions, supporting the addiction, and providing a fun environment to share the experience. Without this thread and you, this build would have been far less enjoyable or rewarding. Big thanks to Wally and JR at Poor Wally's Land Cruiser Emporium for their craftsmanship and support since I purchased the truck in 2007.

I am now preparing to sell the truck as I have a 40 to rebuild and a 100 to build. Will likely see what happens at auction. I never planned on selling this truck but it's funny how things change. Funny might not be the right word.

Here's some pics of what the truck looks like today. Couple of new items are the awning and 12.5k winch.

20220226_124154.jpg

20220226_124248.jpg

20220226_124343.jpg

20220226_124439.jpg

20220226_124507.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto, went to town in mine today, gonna go through the entre thread now. and look at possibilities. You definitely did a nice job on her!

Is this a BaT or Barrett auction rig?

Well, BAT was an interesting experiment . It did not meet the reserve so back to work! So relieved it did not sell.

Pulled the rear seats to accommodate a bike and sleeping area.

I found an old Rockford Fosgate Punch amp in the basement from '99 that still works and built a sub-ammo box to go with it. Working on an amp rack and need to build some kind of cover to hide/protect it. I'm thinking of installing a molle panel in front of it which would be functional. Otherwise, it would be cool to find something Toyota related to fab into a cover. Maybe part of a hood with the vents or something else. Any ideas?

Installed some 6x9's into an old Confer box for rear fill. It's a fun challenge to try to design a system for a 4X series, make it sound good, and get rid of rattles (resistance is futile!).

The Pioneer DEH-80 PRS is a great head unit that can simplify any system design and tuning - if you're into that sort of thing. It has full sound field controls built in and you can control each amp's crossovers and loads of other settings from the HU.

20220921_134618.jpg

20220921_103751.jpg

20220921_103509.jpg

20220921_103414.jpg

20220921_103300.jpg

Last edited:
Since it didn’t sell … I’ll be willing to part with $875.50 …. And… a back massage :)

It’s been awhile … truck looks great always loved ya 40 can see why u would keep it over this fine rig

My offer still stands if you haven’t sold it and … your desperate lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom