Builds LX570 - Maintain Restore and Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is the audio quality on that?

I got a flat aux chord like this and press it into the center console between the grey shifter plastic and the wood all the way around. Connect it to this dongle to stick under the E-brake. Awesome sound quality with same features. The difference is you can close that aux/12v door and not notice a thing.

Last edited:
I got a flat aux chord like this and press it into the center console between the leather side and the wood all the way around. Connect it to this dongle to stick under the E-brake. Awesome sound quality with same features. The difference is you can close that aux/12v door and not notice a thing.
Good idea, I might try that.

Picked up one one of the bins for the center console storage compartment. Fits well and is decent quality. Ordered it here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KCP5VK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

qsEMs4skHetp_r_d4RM8lIgA0jJBuebBCK2J5ofyPvnEGWcwdDP1MDewTHQBxF1aekQiwiBnpOQ83sSxB-0lP3oyOVm_liTQ0lwN6stJUhei6G7OUtFmuQEKcB9mMDrkqxqVH712bUJmt2OKpw5gJHjagBVaSgN62ZVf9nXiuqVvwr8u7tC1QTIbEava7iuLfjnsoYEpU-D6w02CqG59Oil3W7Pb2cCDdke7rF6_4baXgTChiwKJRqs8P-DUK7mRkf2qDjY8DQzy2EufthcN3p7sUGacbAMoRdUFE4O6gvpCIqk92U_s7-pHT9uxkahgoWMbuGgTJs9N6QNhONRLLwFNCbBTnPzFpCN8jArVMCNkRhBLZOWvVXnZ2EFyfOHTOOJFGYs-fVBropM_a_izYmZJeiH5_ooegdDXQQG5e114B7aiscYXOzmwjLlnpdTgUCzeZrBe3AVh7O2TLaca4pgKqG1ZiTfqnBe3HjmetOgayaKCQlOAgRAidM4kIKphdjQwjcGsi3ahka9pKbaNAa0lnUH3BjRqNG6zLR75HvoGA3GddkH7LPsvL7z6kp-YG1zr46EGHuoag2P4X7amLDhl6coXneLBkjdcxWfDAnZriCNVEF65oCUgJcW_bOASPk8nAAQMFq7CZB9U0ZY-Swgjnw=w711-h947-no

A4BwZRGTUYjtyvIH98gY2WQrUxApY2a3dPoJsLA9bFt-FoiH3zd8-dU6pm2bCpGjsYcV-THL0sGEek1TvxwAmgpuZcaYxyBXmYidELYuv-MAsx1w_FsObwrU9x42fbPLyuURRUihBiVeVaOKaU84Xjg7UdHBn8E6f2Y3xqamkuRIQ7VdJ0Y5Els2uBXXMCTAxo8sB_3In89eqCC8QvhsNpQPxGTxMvCGS_dJYZNnU9KWlwe7q8VqjUhZ8csuqF-LaOHJbX9syDwlsdfaFQgMTz4LRXdI_jXLjkHinHE387QxgdKPd2xToOjG7H8RUoD0ROc7TDzsSZkUWLf2WZEjMJ4wmc24vxqV5JA01X4vM67zKPof16YZX5s_NEblwaS5u9qyHD6xqDpQ_ADPHJ9WCn9vJkZIezcwrKW_SuEXaxpBu1Lkid2T-ZXgPMCeU7Eadf0M7jccxS7vYBXOtQ1tI5P4HN5CestcGwJpVab0u-cCOYCHPGdiXnqFVF6zVdtWFhnCRwJo5OHfOdSXNK5LV8Fk1tFNUCEHstI6wyt8kITHBzD9aGvNynJlSiHEEeqhUAbbWXr6RXuBzg9--53-Sepx7eTuMV2xGerV7K3UcIbIQe3Xvf-glmbGSJF7uZSaMj2o1gILIWPzVuqkzHGPuReFpQ=w711-h947-no

Throw that K&N filter in the trash. They filter poorly, and the oil soaked mesh aerosolizes oil into the intake stream, where it deposits on the MAF sensor wire over time. OEM or AFE Dry filters are the way to go.
Oiled filters are fine to use with a MAF as long as they're oiled correctly. I don't trust myself to oil them properly, so I use them then throw them out every 15k miles and install a new one. The OEM Toyota filter is the best dry filter option around for the factory air box. If I lived/drove in a very dusty/dirty area or drove over dirt roads often I would install the OEM Toyota filter, as it flows better once it's dirty. But most of my driving is on highways and paved roads, and the K&N oiled filters flow better when clean.

How do you like the MAXpider floor mats? Amazon has black set for $37 right now
The 3D Maxpider mats fit and look great. And they're easy to clean. I had them in my Model S as well, and prefer them over the Weathertech and Husky mats.

I picked up the NAV update USB sticks off of ebay. Not sure if that's all I need or if there's a DVD that goes along with it on the 2009. Going to tinker with it this weekend on the Techstream to see if I can figure itout.

I bought the Firefly BT adapter for my 2008 after seeing it on your thread and it makes me soooo happy. The only thing I was missing with my 200 was BT audio, but the cost and complexity of those units turned me off. This thing is awesome. Thanks for posting about it!!

I picked up the NAV update USB sticks off of ebay. Not sure if that's all I need or if there's a DVD that goes along with it on the 2009. Going to tinker with it this weekend on the Techstream to see if I can figure itout.
Well, looks like I need to be a dealer to download the rest of the stuff required through TIS first. I'll take it in eventually to have them do the NAV reliability update and a map update.

I bought the Firefly BT adapter for my 2008 after seeing it on your thread and it makes me soooo happy. The only thing I was missing with my 200 was BT audio, but the cost and complexity of those units turned me off. This thing is awesome. Thanks for posting about it!!
Glad it helped someone out. I have been pretty impressed the more I use it. My wife keeps unplugging it not knowing what she's doing, I'll eventually run it hidden somewhere under the trim.

Picked up one of the credit card key fob's. Programed it with Techstream, very easy to do. Took me 5 minutes. Works perfectly, and now I don't have to carry a key in my pocket anymore. It fits perfectly in my wallet.

o8tYdDnP2E3imoX5V_HQFtuXPDF5dAdqfYq7xUkDCLCYDtpnrx75PGmBR-qQzQbm3QlQhEghLVY0iCaPx0zEXp4zweHbg5b-GNQfL7viVAJZFfDsOiJ0TfeXUUEXXKAnv1IjdUTexBpCACauXiWQPrqpoSwMvrxWqYh0P8v1rXn9SgrcFjSaDCDvvjDA68LeSIzyq4cGNRhXd1ry4UdHO-5sQJ2rt-QCQVO-TET9GLnjS8hIkIg_bhBNeEBCd16LDzD9AnZeM-XT9_uurBZtWeCFbi1RhdafV__AXZiFaOkB5cFYx-43YVFgH4ytZ0oyuJ6HQtmGHig5fuyqnPvebphA4yDnxzjOC1EdiNkWLwx0F9jjeAt89fXA9fMgBT4SzOXMt2QwaQbB7v-nwcHFSy-hyZzvDhZR9nzYhk7lF4HtB9zf_B3Jb0HUSaq9JbS1C3F-JIpi3JleK2lgao-cY-aUWTHnsnPKwYLWsA3ZWPV-4Gw_oNaDRh1sEB99nKuCfDh7JcH0mvl9_wZqPoyL5BSzOVgPbUI-iwI23R1B_eknNEEkseLZEZ9wZ8M4yr4TnJRtO2GTv5wNDKaC5JdPxTOI84wPFZnzPUgufZRBb7giTUVKbEYMFbqUL9y5JTAC8uxo1yG906Fje_9OScyP0BUQSw=w1152-h1534-no

Greased all 4 u-joints and both driveshaft slip yolks with Valvoline Synpower grease. My go-to grease for u-joints and driveshafts. Not sure how long it had been since they were greased, but they seemed pretty dry. Loaded and unloaded driving are now quieter, and switching from P to D to N to R is quieter as well with no noticeable "clunk" sounds at all. I highly recommend greasing your u-joints at every oil change.

32HFLmObHCpGw1aa4jvAS_qNGEe0a7m0nid4tcd7Qdo9Pw9QRaHf5uKI0abWZ_pKsnibYA292DZ20CFkPH39CqCgad3ONMCybHEYzb3V6FSS1k5lZIhcJHNEnXYrinPgiajpF8ylT9QWidsdYIjQop-21oTGDufjvMog4U9QVVZBD1LcDRLmSWzFahIjZKYoxA2CI5O4WCUAVfcOeZHXOUtFm3EGgr7ZXCU0AhN48UGY7J59xPvLsFuiNtppEPOMRu2ByXKV167AwANv4u86cJMkUwHRM5OPzacFLkSkb8OjaHzdjrijRX8R3SqNQ2H1SD0WeSMKEe5RbO206EoFEsPz0jQqaBJZifILElRMwiDsw8FPLjaaSiGm7rNlcsnbK1-QGk2ttrONH1snS_hE9PLsGFdZmdrdZwgSSWna3daC_r847E6oB17-BkE4F9KO7jGFgnGaFkCILbTTZek5OKUyWH72kSmN-VrnjhY6wme7Qu1pixHt3DAdFm_x7FZFWYOxMRG3yA_vTyW1mblUnAFb4PpIs7jDdY2ZLXHFgAzJE0P_hViG3y91p1CB_RrFiy98FMjfVcZXUkkQ0iecFVJu5jiM6mubhSJv4iD0XMyLFtW0f3R73Eg_TzoAnbtry27Zw3CIlB-3EWZnJf7PlRO5eg=s425-no

Took a 2400 mile road trip from Austin to a few Midwest cities and back last month. The LX did amazing! Extremely comfortable ride with the flushed/fresh AHC fluid. The truck always felt like it had more power than I needed. There was a 6 hour stretch driving in the middle of the night with nobody on the highways between cities and I was comfortably cruising at 95 mpg 20-30 minute stretches at a time.

I drove the LX once this weekend after it had been sitting for 5 days. At initial startup it had a puff of white smoke. Seemed unusual. I pulled all 8 of the new spark plugs, they were all clean and dry. Pulled the dipstick to make sure I hadn't burned any oil in the last 3k miles, looked perfect, and the oil was still clean. I went ahead and pulled the PCV valve, and what'd'ya know, it was completely blocked up. Got a new OEM Toyota PCV valve for $8.50, replaced it, and took the truck for a 30mile road test. It slightly better with the new PCV valve, and after letting it sit and another cold start, no more smoke.

Check your PCV valves!!! This one was completely stuck, I could not blow any air at all through the old one.

First pull the PCV hose off. Use some needle nose pliers to squeeze the clips while pulling the hose off of each nipple:

Then use a 22mm deep socket along with an extension to remove the old PCV valve:

Now take the old PCV valve and blow through it from the threaded side - you should be able to blow through without much restriction. Now blow through it from the nipple side - you should not be able to blow through it at all.

Compare to the new one to make sure you got the correct replacement part:

Now install the new one, get the hose connected back. Don't forget to wiggle the spring clips back into place. And you should be good to go.

Did you ever find a place for your USB power ports? I have though of a couple locations and keep coming back to the sides/front corners of the cup holder for the front. I don't have a good solution for the 2nd row. I was thinking about pulling the control for the video display and seeing if there is room.

Thanks for the tip on the PCV.

And the odd mirror/front grille cameras seem pretty pointless. Anyone found a good use case for those? Maybe I just need to get used to them.
Wait till you're on some shelf road in BFE or tip-toeing over a rock garden.

Just changed my pcv. I bought it several months ago but your pictures helped me change it in about 10 min which includes gathering the tools. The ball in mine was still moving but I have a 2008 with almost 100k miles. The foam was falling apart into small dust.

Can you tell us the process to program the credit card key and where you bought the techstream? Dealer wants 1-2 hours of labor to program mine from my previously owned 2013 lx to my currently owned 2010

Also, do you still have your automatic lowering setting on? I want to use this as well as folding mirrors but was worried I’d wear out the AHC or mirror motors. My shocks were replaced by the dealer I bought the car from (Audi) Sewell just less than 5K ago, so I’m assuming to replace the shocks they had to drain and fill the AHC fluid? Or could they have just bled the sustem and topped it off? If it’s not going to cause significant wear, I’ll do the auto lower setting, it’s definitely a nice feature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom