Good all weather floor mats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!
I'm looking for some tough rugged floor mats for my 2011 Prado GX (two door). Anyone have luck using the mats designed for the Lexus GX?

I really like my Weather Tech mats. I have them for both front and middle seat floor.
They contour really nice and the brown matches almost perfectly with my factory color carpet!
I can also use the carpet hooks (that are in the front seat floor boards) to hook both the Weather Tech and on top of that my factory carpet mat.
Doing that gives me the option that if I should get real muddy, dirty, etc. I can just take off the factory carpet and leave the Weather Tech's to catch all the dirt!
My wife also has them for Tacoma and she love them also! She surfs several times a week and those mats are constantly seeing sand and salt water.

I have Husky liners. No complaints. I think they are priced pretty close. WeatherTech may have been a little more when I bought them, but the main reason was there was a lead time of 2 weeks for WeatherTech and I ordered my Huskys off Amazon and had them in a day. They seem pretty comparable. Lots of videos of people comparing them. Had them 5 years and my carpets look factory new and my factory mats are literally still new.

I have Husky liners. No complaints. I think they are priced pretty close. WeatherTech may have been a little more when I bought them, but the main reason was there was a lead time of 2 weeks for WeatherTech and I ordered my Huskys off Amazon and had them in a day. They seem pretty comparable. Lots of videos of people comparing them. Had them 5 years and my carpets look factory new and my factory mats are literally still new.
I got my huskies on eBay and saved a good chunk of change. 18 months later, I couldn't be happier

3D Maxpider Kagu. Thick like carpet. Hold liquid like WT or HL. The material on the backing is like Velcro. They just don’t move around and they look great. They’re more textured than a liner.

EF409812-E706-459F-8D39-0C54F671A410.jpeg

3D Maxpider Kagu. Thick like carpet. Hold liquid like WT or HL. The material on the backing is like Velcro. They just don’t move around and they look great. They’re more textured than a liner.

View attachment 2107146
Can you fit the factory mat's over these and hook them in?
I like that I can do that with my Weather Tech's.
Although, these do look really good!

Weathertech

I went with the lexus floor liners (much better than the lexus mats), they mold/countour to the floor well just like the weathertechs and they seem of good quality. For the cargo area, I also went with the lexus cargo mat, but not much of a fan of it (pain when having to use 3rd row). I decided to order a canvasback liner to replace it, we'll see how it is. We're getting a new pup in a couple months so seemed to make sense.

I went with the lexus floor liners (much better than the lexus mats), they mold/countour to the floor well just like the weathertechs and they seem of good quality. For the cargo area, I also went with the lexus cargo mat, but not much of a fan of it (pain when having to use 3rd row). I decided to order a canvasback liner to replace it, we'll see how it is. We're getting a new pup in a couple months so seemed to make sense.
That is definitely an issue, what do you do with the rigid floor liner (WeatherTech or Lexus) So is the canvasback liner more flexible? Basically canvas liner you can fold up? Is it made specifically for the GX? Thanks

That is definitely an issue, what do you do with the rigid floor liner (WeatherTech or Lexus) So is the canvasback liner more flexible? Basically canvas liner you can fold up? Is it made specifically for the GX? Thanks

Yes, it's more flexible and allows you to use the 3rd row without having to detach anything. I also like that it protects the back of the 2nd row seats especially when folded flat for cargo. This is what I got:

They make each one for specific vehicles to spec, and from the reviews I've read they are really good quality (and made in the US which I like). The downside with something like this is there is no lip on the edges to contain liquid spills. So far dealing with this company has been first rate customer service, they respond very quickly and are willing to even do customizations that you might need (i.e. I am having cut outs done for the D rings). I love dealing with solid companies with good customer service, ill sometimes pick a specific product on that alone.

Last edited:
Canvasback is velcro'd in place. It's almost like a cover, moreso than a liner. They're durable and naturally heavily water resistant. Very easy to clean, and dog hair doesn't stick in them. I have them in two vehicles and will continue to put them in anything I own that they make products for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom