Getting a Better Prado Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is about 1.5 inches from the top of the axles to the start of the rubber stoppers on the body. This is not very much suspention movement. The truck bottoms out when I hit a good sized hole. Saskatchewan roads have lots of frost movement. What will after market shocks do for the ride quality on these trucks ? What kind of shocks are some of you using ?

There is about 1.5 inches from the top of the axles to the start of the rubber stoppers on the body. This is not very much suspention movement. The truck bottoms out when I hit a good sized hole. Saskatchewan roads have lots of frost movement. What will after market shocks do for the ride quality on these trucks ? What kind of shocks are some of you using ?

Shocks will do nothing. You need new springs. The shock absorbers as their name suggests, only absorb shock;),they do not carry the load of the vehicle.
If you have been driving on sagging springs it probably hasnt done the shocks much good and you should probably replace them too.

Luckily coil springs are not too expensive and Crushers is parting out a 78 series so he maybe able to help you;)

if you only have 1.5 in of front travel it is time to get an ome old man emu 2.5 coil lift with caster correction about 800.00 that comes with shocks to you have front end sag stock should have 2.75 bump stop to stop

okay, i have a very recent kit on the wifes bush LJ78. Dobsinson brand, i install the springs, shocks and correction kit. it rides REAL nice and absorbs bumps perfectly. excellent control, ride and height.
i have a 2 week old dakar (OME) kit on the unit with the busted head. the ride is better than stock but no where near as nice as the Dobinson kit, not even close. the kit came with shocks and springs. the front sit s low and the rear sits noticably higher. i am not happy with the OME, not a redeming factor to be found, more body roll, rougher ride, doesn't absorb the bumps as expected, doesn't sit even close to acceptable.

i do not sell either so this is just a "what you see is what you get" comment.

i do know parties that do sell these kits. the Dobinson is much more expensive than the OME but worth every penny...

my opinion only, others will vary.

Springs for a lj78

Hi there , i saw the posting were somebody said that the springs out of a 80 series would fit in a lj78 i was wondering if there was any truth in this as my lj78 is a bit saggy in the back end and bottoms out on rough terrain. also should i get the standard (electronic SPORT/NORM) shocks re-sealed or go for after market ones??

i do know parties that do sell these kits. the Dobinson is much more expensive than the OME but worth every penny...

my opinion only, others will vary.

They are probably the most widely used here(oz) and were the 1st to make a coil kit AFAIK

Hi there , i saw the posting were somebody said that the springs out of a 80 series would fit in a lj78 i was wondering if there was any truth in this as my lj78 is a bit saggy in the back end and bottoms out on rough terrain. also should i get the standard (electronic SPORT/NORM) shocks re-sealed or go for after market ones??

They apparently fit but as the 80 series is 500kg heavier they will ride rough.
Maybe a spring maker could do something with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom