gettind rid of the fuel injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day:

I will like to know if I can install an intake manifold with carburator, from a 2f engine in a 3FE, and get rid of the fuel injection system, mantaining the original head.

gracias mil:popcorn:

I don't think you can do it while using the original head. At least thats what I've read on here before.

I'm interested as well in removing the fuel injection for a carb on my 3fe.

Wondering if this is even legal emission-wise? Does the EPA have jurisdiction over PR?

wonder if you could source an AU 3f manifold and carb? ive seen two 45's w/ 3f's recently and carbs are available down under.

You could try sourcing everything you need from a 1FZ engine. Finding one would require searching for parts in central Asia as that is the only place I know they were ever shipped.

You could try sourcing everything you need from a 1FZ engine. Finding one would require searching for parts in central Asia as that is the only place I know they were ever shipped.

How about Venezuela?

Yep... most carbed at this side of the world :grinpimp: cheaper and easier to fix no matter where you are.

Cheaper and easier to fix and less reliable. Still can't see the logic here. Especially on a 3FE. To produce less power less efficiently with less reliability? Sounds like a winning combination to me. Where do I sign up? Lets all go back to leaf springs and dump that pesky power steering next.

Yeah, I'd like to hear from the original poster as to why...

I was thinking maybe the carb could give the 3FE more power...

Adding FI to the 258 in my CJ added reliability, some fuel economy, and offroadability, but it definitely did not add power.

Poor fuel economy, stalling out in steep inclines...why wouln't you?

:lol:
And the next thing you know, people will start trading theirs LC's for horses...all you have to do is to feed it...and wash it ones in a while:hmm:

:lol:
And the next thing you know, people will start trading theirs LC's for horses...all you have to do is to feed it...and wash it ones in a while:hmm:

:lol:ha! and vet bills, and sheltering the thing, and repairing the stuff it breaks/eats when bored, and shoes, and on and on...but no pesky EFI.:rolleyes:

low grade fuel

I've seen carbureted 1fz here and I've been told it is less expensive to run by using the lower grade fuel found locally.

also, not many shops here can read and fix the electronics involved on the fuel inyection systems.

repairing/fixing a carburator is something most local mechanics can do in a blink of an eye, not so easy for the EFI systems.

Let me agree with everyone else. Keep the EFI. The system on the 3FE is pretty simple as these things go and very hardy and robust. It is way more reliable then a carbeurated system, and runs far better on steep inclines. The only downside is that it isn't field repairable, but then it will likely never need to be repaired.

I'm certain that obtaining a 3F mainifold and carb could be done, but you'd have to change the fuel pump and all of the wiring. In the end you'll be left with a truck that makes less power, is harder to start, will stall on steep inclines and is less reliable. What problem are you trying to solve?

No you need a 3F or 2F head that suits flat top pistons and carbi. The 3FE has different intake ports, they are arched to accommodate the injector feed.

But as all other have said no point it's a step backwards, unless you intend to switch to LPG/Propane then maybe.

Matt

Well many owners here have no problem reading the codes and fixing the fuel injection on their 1FZFE.

IMHO.. Get a scantool and a FSM. Problem solved and it will be cheaper than paying someone else to do it.

You can source the parts you need in Venezuela, but I don't think this is a worthy conversion either. Toyota sells fuel-injected engines on Land Cruisers in markets like sub-Saharan Africa, South America and Southeast Asia, where the fuel supply is questionable. I don't think you'll have any issues in Puerto Rico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom