Gear review Hot Logic 9x13 cooker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
I just received my HotLogic Family cooker. My solution to not having an exhaust plate burrito cooker. Also good for keeping a casserole hot and safe on the way to a potluck, frozen dinners, roasts, chili, and pretty much anything you would cook sous vide.

90DBF8D6-12F3-458D-9029-630FD2BA7B5D.jpeg

It is a low wattage 120v heating plate in a soft shell insulated case.

D5733DF9-0F72-4DEE-9A1A-C1A80F2637A8.jpeg

It cooks at 165 degrees and is compatible with every kind of food container including seal-a-meal bags. The manufacturer has 2 sizes. The family size 9”x13” and a mini size 6.5”x9”. Here it is with my Pyrex casserole dish. It fits securely in placewith the cover zipped closed.

9F3DE078-C254-4429-B905-1E866FA8FF36.jpeg

The family size needs a 150 watt inverter the mini a 75 watt, so those with the built in inverter will have no issues powering either model. There is also a mini 12v edition available.

BC110D2A-B37A-4308-8669-1E4813A5DA4E.jpeg

The cookers first trial will be a frozen store bought lasagna. This 4 serving meal will fit in the mini. Two of these will fit in the family model.

0F3B36DD-56AB-4FA0-8EB7-6F97801A6A80.jpeg

More to come (including frozen meal cooking time) after this trial run.

The TRAL head chef sometimes uses one of these to provide trail meals for events, has worked very well and is super convenient.

Last edited:
Lasagna cooked for 6 hours and was fully cooked from fully frozen. It was probably done at 4 hours, but at the low cooking temp of the cooker; a couple extra hours won’t burn the food. That is a plus for off-roading where you don’t always get to camp when you thought you might.

Can you try stuffed peppers from Costco? My wife is asking This is cool, thanks Ron.
LOL, if it needs to be hot, it'll work. If you need browning or high temps (over 220*) it won't work. Most pre-made stuff just needs to reach 160* or so, that temperature will cook meat, and kill any bacteria.

Anything over 140 will kill all but the most extreme bacteria as long as it is held for a long enough period. Cooking temps are for restaurants that are cooking your food from raw and have it on your plate in 10 minutes. I’d do a roast or chicken and not have a worry.

Now that I have been using this thing almost every day for a month. I can't say I have found any negatives. The construction is holding together very well. I may buy the 12V one for sides and when I am running solo.

A lot of people like those for speed, but with their high cooking temp food gets burned sometimes. What started me on this was this oven Travel Buddy 12 Volt Marine Oven but I am not sure if it could be imported.

I was thinking that the 12V Mini would make a good raffle item

Anything over 140 will kill all but the most extreme bacteria as long as it is held for a long enough period. Cooking temps are for restaurants that are cooking your food from raw and have it on your plate in 10 minutes. I’d do a roast or chicken and not have a worry.
this looks like a great product, but I’m going to disagree with your last sentence. There’s a reason for not cooking raw chicken at such low temps...not all bacteria are killed at 140*F, and the ones that aren’t will thrive in the warm temps that slowly lead up to cooked temp when done so slowly. The key to safety is getting over this point quickly without rushing the cook process. It’s the same reason that chicken should never be partially cooked then held before finishing. Keep in mind that slow cookers (Crock Pots) reach a fairly high temp before tapering down for the long haul. Chicken can be a cruel bitch. Ask me how I know!

That said, I’ll be looking into Hot Logic tonight. Thanks for posting this.

You'd think people selling any appliance would clearly specify the power being consumed. The lunchbox 300 degree heater sounds like a great idea, but nowhere does it (or others like it) say how many amps/watts/turbo-calories it needs to work.

Last edited:
You'd think people selling any appliance would clearly specify the power being consumed. The lunchbox 300 degree heater sound like a great idea, but nowhere does it (or others like it) say how many amps/watts/turbo-calories it needs to work.

Amps Smamps Just roll your fuse in foil to upgrade the circuit. :rofl:

BTW the Road pro lunchbox cooker uses 190 watts at startup and 100 watt continuous when at temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom