Gear review Hot Logic 9x13 cooker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this looks like a great product, but I’m going to disagree with your last sentence. There’s a reason for not cooking raw chicken at such low temps...not all bacteria are killed at 140*F, and the ones that aren’t will thrive in the warm temps that slowly lead up to cooked temp when done so slowly. The key to safety is getting over this point quickly without rushing the cook process. It’s the same reason that chicken should never be partially cooked then held before finishing. Keep in mind that slow cookers (Crock Pots) reach a fairly high temp before tapering down for the long haul. Chicken can be a cruel bitch. Ask me how I know!

That said, I’ll be looking into Hot Logic tonight. Thanks for posting this.

These do cook at 165*F which is the safe internal cooking temp of chicken and turkey. Pork cooking temp is 145*F so I still feel good about it.

Here are some pics of the new mini:

Size comparison shot
E73E010D-371C-4B07-9A21-43ACE01EDBCE.jpeg

Personal meal
C0C973B2-214E-4E73-90DA-1AD359D28B13.jpeg

Fits perfectly
1EA37777-1239-4D91-AA1A-0A028D96F62A.jpeg

FYI - Chicken pot pies are not a recommended item to cook with these unless they are pre-baked.

Nice review Ron, I may have to get one of these for office lunches. Off topic but now I'm inspired to cook a lasagna under my hood on the next 6+ hour run! :hillbilly:

@verruckt1 I tried the costco stuffed poblano peppers and they came out very well. Just drain the excess water off before cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom