Gave the old girl the back up camera she always deserved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed this Autovox V5Pro yesterday and it works like a charm! (After a few hours and two trips to autozone to get properly sized add a circuits of course). This thing is exactly what the car needs, full HD edge to edge, records front and back to micro as while the car is running, and automatically switches to the reverse angle when you throw the car into reverse. Looks like a factory mirror and switches the screen off after a minute to become a normal (albeit a bit less bright) mirror. Customer service was great, comes with a lot of brackets for different makes but did not come with one for a 100 series, they shipped it out right after I emailed them. Got it on sale for $229, totally worth it, I’d say if you order one make sure you put in the notes that you need bracket #129 and ATM style add a circuit attachments.

where d'you put the camera? What kind of wiring is involved?

So I have the ARB rear bumper with the swing outs, there’s a plate in the center that the swing outs latch to directly above the hitch that I have the camera on… currently just with adhesive, gonna give it a few days to see if that’s the final location I want. Great for attaching a trailer though! There’s one wire that runs from the drivers footwell fuse box all the way to the back, I just tucked it in between the trim panel and the headliner. At the camera end it also has a little red wire that splits off, i spliced that in with the hot wire that connects to the reverse light in the tailgate, that’s what triggers the reverse mode. Other than that it’s just two add a circuit attachments that go straight into that same fuse box! Super easy

Customer service was great, comes with a lot of brackets for different makes but did not come with one for a 100 series, they shipped it out right after I emailed them. Got it on sale for $229, totally worth it, I’d say if you order one make sure you put in the notes that you need bracket #129 and ATM style add a circuit attachments.
Who are they? How did you attach the mirror/screen to the windshield without bracket for 100 series?

I emailed them a photo of my bracket on the 100 after I realized none of the included ones fit and they sent one out to me for free! The factory mirror unscrews from a bracket that is permanently glued to the glass, so this just screws onto that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom