Gasping for air at Toyota dealer... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tauranga New Zealand via Vancouver Island Canada
Guess how much that odd little resistor plate in the blower system is new....$45.00:doh:

30amp breaker?.....$28.00

Plastic shifter seat and cup?....$35.00:doh:

...and finally...the little cables that pull the back of the passenger seat forward?....$78.00 (each):doh:

Picking most of it up this morning (I'll make the cables before I pay that), I'll bring the vaseline....:pig:

I think if your going to be f**ked and you know it, you should use some KY Jell
You know the warming kind..

Intermittent relay for the wipers : 160-something € PLUS tax. Still looking for a used replacement 85940-90K01 :D

Toyota 24 v Flasher unit $120. No aftermarket unit. (the k-y is on the left of the parts desk)

try an oil pan. 45 bucks for any chev on earth, 600 for a 3b. that s*** is just stupid.

that little plastic cup on the shifter was only 3 bucks last time I bought one? however the a-holes at toyota wanted me to come in and prepay for that 3 dollar part before they'd order it.

needless to say , I told duncan toyota to go f themselves, and ordered it from nanaimo.

duncan metro toyota is the WORST toy dealer around...the number of simple things that service department fxxxs up is incredible. hows not putting the crank bolt back in after changing a front seal sound?

but I digress.....( still pissed about the crank bolt thing....)

mjohn7 said:
Toyota 24 v Flasher unit $120. No aftermarket unit. (the k-y is on the left of the parts desk)

You have to play a bit with the wiring but an aftermarket 4-plug flasher should work. BTDT

Island Moose said:
Guess how much that odd little resistor plate in the blower system is new....$45.00:doh:

30amp breaker?.....$28.00

Plastic shifter seat and cup?....$35.00:doh:

...and finally...the little cables that pull the back of the passenger seat forward?....$78.00 (each):doh:

Picking most of it up this morning (I'll make the cables before I pay that), I'll bring the vaseline....:pig:

moose, could you please post the parts numbers?
thanks
j

So the oil pan I sold last week for 20 bucks was a baragain.......

seapotato said:
try an oil pan. 45 bucks for any chev on earth, 600 for a 3b. that s*** is just stupid.

that little plastic cup on the shifter was only 3 bucks last time I bought one? however the a-holes at toyota wanted me to come in and prepay for that 3 dollar part before they'd order it.

needless to say , I told duncan toyota to go f themselves, and ordered it from nanaimo.

duncan metro toyota is the WORST toy dealer around...the number of simple things that service department fxxxs up is incredible. hows not putting the crank bolt back in after changing a front seal sound?

but I digress.....( still pissed about the crank bolt thing....)

heh, yep it was....

someone wanted to sell me one for half of new a year or two back, which sounded like a good deal, till I heard the price for a new one !

sometimes toyota's prices are truly insane.

The prices are the same with all manufacturers here in Japan. Low demand for parts = high prices. States side high demand for used parts on your chevy = low prices with 10 different companies competing to make the same part.

Not cruiser parts, but my favourite bit of toyota pricing lunacy was discovered when I was rebuilding a 4A-GE to go in my Zuk:

Crank Pulley for fanbelt: NZ$242

Crank Pulley for cambelt: NZ$43

2 similar sized parts, with a similar amount of metal in each, made with a similar series of manufacturing steps & degree of precision... yet a 500%+ price difference.

& thats the problem, they throw in the odd sensibly priced item, so you always have to call for a price 'cos you never know if the doodad you need falls into that 1.75% of toyota genuine parts that are cheaper than the aftermarket alternative - or in the case of that oil pan, cheaper than getting one built from scratch!

Cheers
Clint

i always enjoy reading these posts...
espec when most of us go to a movie every once in a while and pay for popcorn and pop or we go to Tim's and pay for the coffee... and that isn't a rip off???
sheesh...

I went through some hassles with the Toyota dealer closet to my house. I made a big stink about it and stopped dealing with them. They went through a management change and actually got a hold of me a year later and we kissed and made up.

So I bought my wife's Sienna from them, and I started buying my cruiser parts there again.

To make a long story short, I now get a HUGE discount from them and I am friends with everyone in the service and parts department. You see it mentioned here in the forums often, get to know your nearest Toyota dealer.

As far as paying for genuine Toyota, in a lot of cases (not all) it's the best you can get. You change out the part and forget about it for another 15 or 20 or 30 years. That's pretty cheap.

I agree that even considering the above, sometimes the parts still seem outrageously priced, that is when your buddy in the parts/service department can help you out. They do have certain liberties, and a good parts man or woman will find a way to get the price down.

Things are so good for me and my dealer I even bring them some of that premium grade Tim Horton's. ;)

One New rear speaker for 1990 Prado $170.00

Jan-78FJ40 said:
Please Moose, the numbers!

thank you,
Jan

Sorry mate, I'll look for the receipt tomorrow morning. I've been out of town since Wednesday on a motorcycle trip.

The resistor plate starts with 87138, and the breaker starts with 82650. There are more numbers after this, but it was enough for the parts guy to find the right things. Also, the seat cables are 72210 and 72590, both for the passenger seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom