gas mileage FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,

What´s the ´normal/average´ gas mileage on a ´78 cruiser FJ 40 (orginal 2F engine).
Mine does 3,1 KM on 1 liter of gasoline. With a 40 liter tank I can just go the next village and back and the gas tank is empty.
I am curious to know what your experiences are with gas mileage on this truck.

Thanks in advance, Gijs

Just browsed the forum and got the answer. Yep, gas mileage sucks .....
In terms of miles and gallons mine does around 8 mpg, but I only drive it in the city center.

Gijs:

You're in the wrong forum section - this site is organized around Toyota model designations, not the year of the Land Cruiser.

You're looking for the "40 series Tech" - "70" series are the body style that replaced the 40's, and most are diesel. If quoting MPG, be careful, 'cuz there are a bunch of Canadians, Aussies and 'Mericans here, and we use different size gallons - US gals = 3.78L, Imp. gals = 4.55L

It would also help if you would fill out your user information, so people will know where you are posting from.

33 liters/100km is bad. you've got issues (like a hole in your gas tank).

I use between 15 and 21 liters/100km, like most other people with well-tuned 2F motors.

also, this belongs in the 40 section.

Mine is definitely not well tuned, probably never tuned at all after 1978. I live in Bolivia, South America. Many FJ 40 Toyotas driving around here.
Ive read that my gas mileage isn´t good but it´s no exception either, see https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/156941-really-bad-gas-mileage.html

How can I put my post under the thread of the 40-series?

best i have seen is 18 mpg (Jeff Zepps FJ40) the worst was my mountain goat at 6 mpg average...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom