Gas filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, the hose goes to vcv and then to the gas filter

It's not a gas filter (well, technically kinda is).
Its a charcoal canister meant to remove/absorb gasoline vapors.
If yours is failing you may have pressure in the fuel tank when you try to open the cap/hissing/boiling fuel/etc.
Search "charcoal canister" and you'll see a bunch of threads, like the one i linked above, that talk about symptoms of it failing.

I did the VC120 from autozone. Used the OEM clamp with a longer bolt. Removed bottom hose since the VC120 has a disc outlet at the bottom not a nipple like OEM.
You can also rebuild the OEM if you want to go that route.

It's not a gas filter (well, technically kinda is).
Its a charcoal canister meant to remove/absorb gasoline vapors.
If yours is failing you may have pressure in the fuel tank when you try to open the cap/hissing/boiling fuel/etc.
Search "charcoal canister" and you'll see a bunch of threads, like the one i linked above, that talk about symptoms of it failing.

I did the VC120 from autozone. Used the OEM clamp with a longer bolt. Removed bottom hose since the VC120 has a disc outlet at the bottom not a nipple like OEM.
You can also rebuild the OEM if you want to go that route.
Yeah I did the charcoal filter also but it’s this guy, I put tape on it for reference

AFB5E190-E6D6-4D6E-A996-0F0EBE443EBB.jpeg

That’s not your fuel filter. The fuel filter is under the intake plenum and there is also a sock filter in the gas tank which is accessible inside the cab behind the center seats (pull carpet back and remove cover). Someone will surely chime in as to what that part is on the intake. My coffee has not kicked in yet so I am useless you you for now.

That’s not your fuel filter. The fuel filter is under the intake plenum and there is also a sock filter in the gas tank which is accessible inside the cab behind the center seats (pull carpet back and remove cover). Someone will surely chime in as to what that part is on the intake. My coffee has not kicked in yet so I am useless you you for now.

It is a 'gas filter' as the OP states (not to confused with the Fuel Filter)

toyota part 90917-11022

Last edited:
Sweet, chimed in AND smarter than me. I knew I forgot something to type above. Thanks @flintknapper Part can be had on Partsq for $14 bucks. It looks like a one way valve? I will have to go get my service manual out and educate this am. (Coffee kicked in).

Sweet, chimed in AND smarter than me. I knew I forgot something to type above. Thanks @flintknapper Part can be had on Partsq for $14 bucks. It looks like a one way valve? I will have to go get my service manual out and educate this am. (Coffee kicked in).

I 'think' it also buffers the vacuum for the fuel pressure regulator. In any case...it is often over looked and should be not be 'clogged'.

Thank you to everyone. I was wondering if it buffered the fuel system. I had everything put together and I was hooking up the throttle cable and broke the nipple off with my elbow and it definitely ran rough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom