Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha yeah a very exciting day off haha. And about the person in Kennesaw, you could possibly pm 2000UZJ. he lives there and might be able to assist. But there was a small problem with the truck so he may not want to risk going out and making it worse.

The 62s about to become a school bus. My grandmothers neighbor is a teacher and had to bring some of the kids home with her. Hopefully I can get them back home today.
Wish me luck!

Nvm... Truck won't start :(

Abandoned the wife's 2wd 4runner at fire station 20 in east cobb and rescued the wife in the 80.

Here is the wife's 4 runner. She said the 80 was here hero, I asked her what about me?

ForumRunner_20140129_114143.jpg

Nvm... Truck won't start :(

Note to self. Make sure the vehicle is actually in park when trying to start it...

Make fun of me, I deserve it.

Note to self. Make sure the vehicle is actually in park when trying to start it...

Make fun of me, I deserve it.

I know the feeling but OK! How stupid do you feel right now? :D

No one is really stuck out here around our house, so I guess no need for the beast to come out...I wish I lived closer to all the stuck cars so that I could help in some way...

This is the view of our street and a picture of the backyard...

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

as long as we're comparing, view from a security camera in the house about 3:30 yesterday. There's more snow now.

image.jpg

Apparently the roads are once again too treacherous for this educator to attempt driving to work tomorrow...guess ill enjoy another day off, im gonna need to go get more beer with all this extra time off :beer:

Apparently the roads are once again too treacherous for this educator to attempt driving to work tomorrow...guess ill enjoy another day off, im gonna need to go get more beer with all this extra time off :beer:

that's just a result of poor planning a wise man once said. :flipoff2: come on over, I have beer and rum. :cheers:

Shoulda brought the trailer down this week so y'all could be workin on it with all your free time!

I ended up being a bus for people stranded this morning. I took a bunch of people to shelters or to get with loved ones. It was very dangerous out there. 92 was one of the worst roads...2 inches of shimmering glass. No amount of skill would help on it, so I drove the median. Insane!

I couldn't even get my 80 out of my inclined driveway today. Locked, low and chains and I still couldn't get out. It was one big sheet of ice.

I just stayed in the garage, worked on pulling the head on my 2F and drank beer.

:)

Tomorrow's commute is not going to be fun with all of the water refreezing tonight.

I appreciate all the concern guys. I did not get home yesterday until 11:30pm. I left work at about 2:00pm. I stopped and helped anyone I could along the way. I towed, pushed, pulled anyone I could. I eventually got to a place where the road was closed in both directions. The only choice was to stay in the car and wait it out (another 12 hrs or so) or walk. It was only about 4 miles so I decided to hoof it. I was wearing all work clothes and dress shoes. I didn't have a hat or gloves or anything. I found a scarf on the side of the road and purchased a hat at CVS (24hrs). Finally made it home, cold, tired, and hungry. Went to bed a little after 12.

Today I wanted to try to help any way I could. I ended up giving rides to people walking and taking people back to recover their vehicles. Facebook probably tells the story best. I joined a number of groups that were designed for people offering help or needing help. I drove an 8 month pregnant girl and her husband as close as I could to the train station because they were going to walk 6 (SIX!!!) miles! I also learned about a young woman who's car ran out of gas and she had walked a couple of miles and gotten a ride to the Home Depot right near our house. I went and picked her up, bought a gas can, got 2 gallons of gas, took her back to her car that was on a very treacherous road and made sure she got on her way. Her kids had been stuck at their daycare overnight.

There are many more details of course that I'm leaving out. I'll share the tales with you guys next time we're around a campfire and the adult beverages are flowing. :cheers:

tkinze said:
as long as we're comparing, view from a security camera in the house about 3:30 yesterday. There's more snow now.

Hello old buddy glad to hear you and the rest of the gang made it home safe !!!

I spent most of the day taking citizens home that spent the night in our fire stations. They were all very happy to make it home. I am blessed that my job lets me work with a great team. If you saw a late model crew cab f150 with chains in cobb over the past 36 hours that was me. I was so impressed by the overwhelming team work by all the citizens of cobb, brings out a good family environment for everyone.

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that were out helping others during the crisis. Maybe people will look at us off-roaders a little differently since we were the ones out saving them and retrieving their cars!

that's just a result of poor planning a wise man once said. :flipoff2: come on over, I have beer and rum. :cheers:
Ted if you're going to quote the man at least get it right. "That's just poor planning son"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom