Wanted FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a good deal on FZJ80 LC around Roanoke, Virginia. Would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to check a LC out. Would prefer 1995-1997 but would consider any FZJ80 that has minimal rust and is in good condition.

I'm about to list my '94. Moving and have to sell. Working on the write up now and need to take new pics but saw your post so dropping a line. I'm in Toano, just outside Williamsburg. Truck is great. 208K miles. Engine supposedly rebuilt engine at 150K. (no documentation on that though). Runs great and is a real head turner. I've only had it about a year and half, and put about $6K into it with upgrades. Asking $12,500. Good luck with the search!

Mods:

Ripped out all carpet, POR 15 on any surface rust covered.

Installed new thermally-backed carpet (stock brown)

Cut out two rust-through points in rear fender wells, welded patches, rust proofed, primed

POR 15 inside of both fender wells

Cut out bottom of drivers door bottom edge, rust proofed, primed, POR 15 insides (as well as all other interior door bottom edges)

New windshield

Replaced sunroof

Bedliner applied to lower half of truck and hood

New 4x4 Labs rear bumper with spare tire mount and ladder, single swing out

New wheels and Dick Cepek crusher tires (315/75x15)-5

New 3” Old Man Emu lift (springs and shocks), with front control arm drop kit and steering stabilizer

New Kenwood head unit with HD radio, bluetooth, DVD, dual camera, 150W, 6 speakers and 8” sub with 1000W amp

New CB radio with 5’ tunable whip

Completely new AC - compressor, pump, evaporator, all new seals

Rebuilt front birfields, bearings and seals, steering knuckle felt/seals

New front rotors

New front and rear calipers and pads

Replaced front and rear differential fluid and transfer case fluid (no visible signs of issue in the fluids)

Mile Marker 10,000 lb winch with remote

New LED light bar

Recently Replaced:

New wiper motor

New window regulators and motors all around. Passenger rear window does not go down, other than that all are great

replaced upper/lower radiator hoses

Replaced front bearings L&R, I&O with seals and races

Rebuilt front steering knuckles

New ABS sensors and wiring harness and brake lines

new brake pads and rotors

replaced calipers with core charge

Other Details:

original seats are great. rear fold down seats are available, but not installed

after market rear diff installed by previous owner but works well

motor was reportedly rebuilt at 150K by previous owner though no documentation. It runs smooth and strong, with each cylinder showing good compression. Does not burn oil

Lots of other smaller projects inside and out - too numerous to list!

Lots of extra parts included

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.41.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.41.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.43.28 AM.png

I'm about to list my '94. Moving and have to sell. Working on the write up now and need to take new pics but saw your post so dropping a line. I'm in Toano, just outside Williamsburg. Truck is great. 208K miles. Engine supposedly rebuilt engine at 150K. (no documentation on that though). Runs great and is a real head turner. I've only had it about a year and half, and put about $6K into it with upgrades. Asking $12,500. Good luck with the search!

Mods:

Ripped out all carpet, POR 15 on any surface rust covered.

Installed new thermally-backed carpet (stock brown)

Cut out two rust-through points in rear fender wells, welded patches, rust proofed, primed

POR 15 inside of both fender wells

Cut out bottom of drivers door bottom edge, rust proofed, primed, POR 15 insides (as well as all other interior door bottom edges)

New windshield

Replaced sunroof

Bedliner applied to lower half of truck and hood

New 4x4 Labs rear bumper with spare tire mount and ladder, single swing out

New wheels and Dick Cepek crusher tires (315/75x15)-5

New 3” Old Man Emu lift (springs and shocks), with front control arm drop kit and steering stabilizer

New Kenwood head unit with HD radio, bluetooth, DVD, dual camera, 150W, 6 speakers and 8” sub with 1000W amp

New CB radio with 5’ tunable whip

Completely new AC - compressor, pump, evaporator, all new seals

Rebuilt front birfields, bearings and seals, steering knuckle felt/seals

New front rotors

New front and rear calipers and pads

Replaced front and rear differential fluid and transfer case fluid (no visible signs of issue in the fluids)

Mile Marker 10,000 lb winch with remote

New LED light bar

Recently Replaced:

New wiper motor

New window regulators and motors all around. Passenger rear window does not go down, other than that all are great

replaced upper/lower radiator hoses

Replaced front bearings L&R, I&O with seals and races

Rebuilt front steering knuckles

New ABS sensors and wiring harness and brake lines

new brake pads and rotors

replaced calipers with core charge

Other Details:

original seats are great. rear fold down seats are available, but not installed

after market rear diff installed by previous owner but works well

motor was reportedly rebuilt at 150K by previous owner though no documentation. It runs smooth and strong, with each cylinder showing good compression. Does not burn oil

Lots of other smaller projects inside and out - too numerous to list!

Lots of extra parts included

View attachment 1765436

View attachment 1765437

View attachment 1765438

That’s a very nice Cruiser. I appreciate you for taking the time and effort to reply to my post. Unfortunately I looking for something a little cheaper that I can upgrade myself. Thanks again :)

I just decided to sell mine. Too many mods to list right now but i was thinking a little less than the one posted above. Not trying to compete but mine is similarly modded, 185k, original drivetrain. If you're interested I'll give you all the details.

Several hits around me on Craigslist. Check Raleigh. I am casually looking around, too, but for my :princess:.

I just missed the locked Lexus in Pittsboro. That was probably a nice deal for someone.

Looking for a good deal on FZJ80 LC around Roanoke, Virginia. Would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to check a LC out. Would prefer 1995-1997 but would consider any FZJ80 that has minimal rust and is in good condition.

I am on the fence but thinking about selling my 40th anni triple locked 97 fzj80. I have wired the lockers on individual switches. Has brand new ONE lift, and pretty new cooper tires. Has all 3 rows of seats. I have put new water pump, oil pump, pkugs, wires, oil cooler and all maintenance stuff. It has a snorkle also. There is some fixable rust around windsheild but other then that is pretty solid. Wanting to get around 10kobo

What is your price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom