For Sale FZJ75 1998 Troopy in Dom. Rep. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This Troopy is beautifully unattainable in the USA til 2023, but for sale in Dominican Republic -- $25K US.
The troopy (we called it "Gandalf") is in Santiago, DR. We are presently in NC, USA. will be in DR from Feb. 28 to March 18.

I love this truck, would not sell it if we still lived in DR/Haiti...
  • Gasoline/LPG 4.5 L. Aspirated (Carburetor) Engine with about 80K KILOMETERS on it... this motor is barely broken in. Neither leaks nor uses a drop of oil. LPG conversion with one propane tank, one gasoline tank. Switch inside... can switch on the run. Still have extra gasoline tank.
  • LHD!! Manual Tranny... 4 Speed, 4WD works like new... locking front hubs. 4WD Hi on dash pushbutton, 4WD Lo/Hi/N on second stick. manual front hubs. Will climb a cliff.
  • Leather interior custom-made... rear is a livingroom with two army benches and folding leather land cruiser seats (see photos) U-shaped seating in rear, everyone can talk. Front seat has one leather double bench ("love seat") and a mitsubishi leather driver's seat. All manual, all adjust tilt and F-R. Holds 12 cozy, 15+ Dominican-style.
  • Electric locks and security system installed (button entry)
  • LED lights inside (dome) and outside (LED roof lamps and fogs auxiliary) All electrical in great shape.
  • Old-school desert "change a tire with a screwdriver" split rims and truck tires (tube-in) hold 85 psi if you want to feel every bump! 6 or 7 tires in all, and one extra rim... all tires have tread and life. These tires don't wear out!
  • I think the whole truck was painted by previous owner, and one ding in rear corner fixed. We re-painted interior floor and some details. Installed new headliner, new vinyl mat throughout whole rear, insulated side panels, installed Bluetooth USB stereo with 4 high-end speakers. dark tint in rear windows, light in front sides.
  • All bushings replaced, all lube done, all maintenance done and then some... this truck is quiet as a hearse and solid as a Rolls-Royce.
  • Former owner was Peace Corps, so it was perfectly maintained for 10 years, and stored for 5 more.
  • POWERFUL-- can pull away from stop in 2nd, 3d, 4th gear if you clutch well!
The BAD:
  • I'm trying to think of something...
  • It is not an economy car. this uses some gas/gasoline... maybe 25-30km/gal hwy, about 20 city/mixed driving. Gasoline use is less than propane.
  • Driver's seat is tan, not blue/gray... installation of front seats is "git 'er done" style--works well, but not pretty, not FHA approved!
  • Very expensive to import to USA until 2023, on 25th birthday!
    IMG_0321.jpg
  • IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_1921.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Anyone know if these can be imported and just not licensed until the 25 year mark?

Definitely a Canadian possible ....

Anyone know if these can be imported and just not licensed until the 25 year mark?

Definitely a Canadian possible ....

I think being a gasser and probably no heater in it no Canadians do want to own this,at this price you can find a nice diesel lhd HZJ75 with heater somewhere else .

When I was trying to sell my FJ73, not having a heater was a big turn-off to the people from up north of me that were interested despite that I still have factory A/C.

Being in South Texas though, no heater is not an issue to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom