FZJ 73 Dash Knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any idea what this knob is for. Seen them on 3 Colombian FZJ73s. Mine isn’t hooked up to anything and just moves freely. One to the right of the steering column.

JuALR9u.jpg

So like a cruise control? Mine is not hooked up to anything.

Thanks....mine isn’t hooked up but wondered what it was there for. I don’t have a winch either so I guess I’d have no use for it.

If you remove it I think this is the standard part that plugs the hole: 90950-01329

Or if you want to hook it up I think these are all the part numbers. At least these are the numbers for a '94 FZJ75. You can check the parts with your VIN on ToyoDIY.com A bit hard to find. It's with the Accelerator Link diagram in the "Body" section.

78410CABLE ASSY, THROTTLE CONTROL
78410-90K011
78410DNUT, THROTTLE
90179-110071
78411AKNOB, THROTTLE CONTROL CABLE
78411-600301

Thanks....mine isn’t hooked up but wondered what it was there for. I don’t have a winch either so I guess I’d have no use for it.
Its very useful offroad when its so rough you can not keep your foot on the accelerator pedal. Its one of the things that separates real heavy duty 4wds from the marshmallow soft POS.

I don’t know about the FZJ73 but I believe the Colombian FJ73 I had also had the same knob and it was for the carb choke.

Hello,

FZJ73s had that knob until around 1995.

The accelerator pedal retained the points to attach the cable on later models.

Juan

I don’t know about the FZJ73 but I believe the Colombian FJ73 I had also had the same knob and it was for the carb choke.

Mine had a choke knob on the left of the steering column and the fast idle on the right. The choke cable is different to the American FJ60 with the 2F

The Australian models lost it around 2007 with the V8 diesel. They have a 2 speed gadget operated by a switch from memory

Mine had a choke knob on the left of the steering column and the fast idle on the right. The choke cable is different to the American FJ60 with the 2F

My FJ73 that I had is LHD. Not sure if that made a difference.

The dash fascia and lay out is the same for LH and RH except for some minor differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom