Fusible Links keep going (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If AM2 is open, then you obviously have a short downstream of that.
Divide and conquer.
I would start with the common trouble spots like the area around the EGR pipe where all your injector wires run.
If your meter has a continuity beep tone, that would come in handy rather than blowing up more links. You're looking for a short to ground. So 1 meter lead on a good ground and the other on the connector side of the fusible link in question.

Again, the meter and the EWD is your guide. Eyeballs don't measure resistance.

So looking at the flow of the AM2, I see nothing about the ECU (my CEL doesn’t come on when I turn the key to ON)
Without AM2 there is no feed to the 7.5 amp IGN fuse. That will kill the ECU as well.
Correction: it doesn't "kill" the ECU, but the ECU doesn't "know" that the ignition switch is in the ON/RUN position, therefore the ECU is not in the "ready" state and there will be no CEL.

Last edited:
Without AM2 there is no feed to the 7.5 amp IGN fuse. That will kill the ECU as well.
Correction: it doesn't "kill" the ECU, but the ECU doesn't know that the ignition switch is in the ON/RUN position, therefore there will be no CEL.
Injector 6 plug is pulled out a bit, digging in to look at more harness down there.

Also, that’s the connector for my Alternator (which I assume is the generator on the diagram) looks a little fried, I guess I could imagine the ground for it may be the culprit, if there is one? Has to be

61FA24BC-D554-4E0D-A736-D4AAC1E67EF7.jpeg

9E4F1A57-66A0-4150-A7AE-A12487461352.jpeg

Any idea what posts are which to test?
None of them should be ground, if that's what you're asking.
Pin 1 (yellow/light blue) will go logic low to light the charge lamp on the dash.
Pin 2 (black/light blue) is +12 when ignition hot
Pin 3 (black) is +12 from AM1.

If the internal regulator is shorted to ground, that would take out AM2 and you would read a short to ground on the solid white wire that runs from AM2 to the alternator output.

None of them should be ground, if that's what you're asking.
Pin 1 (yellow/light blue) will go logic low to light the charge lamp on the dash.
Pin 2 (black/light blue) is +12 when ignition hot
Pin 3 (black) is +12 from AM1.

If the internal regulator is shorted to ground, that would take out AM2 and you would read a short to ground on the solid white wire that runs from AM2 to the alternator output.
Looks like I will hook up all of my wiring that I have disassembled and test the alt, everything is torn apart ATM

I’m going to take a wild guess And say the plug housing on top of my distributor is not supposed to wiggle back-and-forth?

Check your harness close to egr. Mine got bent after a valve cover job and had to resolder it.

Just for future reference for guys looking for solutions, my distributor was the cause for immediate pink fuses going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom