Funky Power Issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I recently took my cruiser on a camping trip and quickly and got a weird issue that i havent run into before:

Occasionally, when my foot is on the gas, the RPMs will suddenly drop and i will lose a little power. If i push a little more on the gas, take my foot off and re-push the pedal, or just maintain current pressure, the power will eventually come back. Has anyone experienced this?

This only noticeable when not on cruise control, as i assume the cruise control automatically compensates for the lack of power.

I thought this might be either bad gas or dirty fuel filter, but it has been 1.5 tanks since the initial problem and i wanted to get an opinion before i changed the filter. Could it be the fuel pump?

Let me know if anyone has had this issue!

Thanks

You didn't mention the year of your truck, but this thread from the FAQs might have some ideas for you?

TPS/APPS problems

I had this happen when I first bought the truck and in my case the accelerator cable needed to be adjusted to take out the slack. It turned out the cable ended up on top of the groves on the wheel-looking thing near the Throttle Body instead of in them and when the cable "fell" back into the groves, the RPMs went down resulting in a slight loss of power. This was a few years ago and I don't remember exactly what I did but there is an adjustment that you can make to take out the slack. It was obvious when I looked at it closer. I believe I adjusted the cable at the throttle body end, not near the pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom