Fuel tank installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you check if yours has had the recall done? Maybe Toyota will install a new one for you.

When my tech buddy and I took my tank out for a POR reseal, we had to remove 1 nut from the rear driver side leaf spring hanger. We couldn't seem to tilt/squeeze/slide the old tank out without removing the nut. :meh:

Other than that, the hoses were pretty straight forward. As I recall, they are all slightly different sizes so that helped in figuring out which one goes where. On my '87, the wiring harness for the fuel level sensor was super long but you should probably be extra careful to disconnect it before you drop the tank too far.

on either side of the tank they are fairly straight then flare out a 1/2 inch then flare back in. Taking my old tank out these made things very difficult. New tank they were sawzalled off and resealed which made the reinstall soooo much easier!!! Oh and watch out where the lines attach to the tank, very very easy to break. The diesel fuel output bracket is 72.95$ cdn. :doh:

There is an access panel above the tank (under the carpet) for the fuel sender unit -remove this to disconnect the wire for the fuel level sending unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom