Fuel pump ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dumb question, can I get some help IDing my fuel pump. I am running a 1974F 1.5 and the picture below is the current fuel pump that is installed which looks nothing like the fuel pumps on cruiser corps that should be installed for this year.
Did the design change or am I running something non-standard?
B26B3AFF-BC6E-4DF1-9033-5B4A4CA9EB57.jpeg

@ATLTJ

It's not OEM. On another thread, it was indicated that old GM pumps may have been substituted for Toyota. Here is a picture of another GM pump vs the correct one for pre-1977 FJ40's

1587601233783.png

At one time you used to be able to go into a parts store and they would be able to find something that would get you on the road if your part wasn’t in stock

Now when u go and ask for something and you get that dumb look of ‘we’r not gonna have that’

Something easy even, like a ballast resistor they say ... oops sorry I’ll have to order that for you not realizing that 1/2 of the ballast resistors they have on the shelf will most likely be a great replacement :meh:

I miss the days of knowledgeable parts guys/gals ... the days of ‘hold on a second’ as they go to the parts cross referencing books to find something that works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom