Fuel Doctor for Dirty Diesel - This is an Australian-made Fuel Additive. any good? who's got experience? (1 Viewer)

What do you use in your diesel?

• BG 244/245

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howes

• Seafoam

• FPPF

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a portable 12 volt low pressure transfer pump rated for oil for filling diffs and gearboxes etc.
Wasn't expensive, and it works a treat.

I wired an inline switch in, so I had good control for filling things.

Would make easy work of emptying a tank.

Bought on either ebay or Amazon
Or a cheap drill pump with a battery drill.

I have never seen diesel with water in it . I think they are overexaggerating the problem. That type of fuel cleaner has been around for years, it just emulsifies it enough to run through the pump.
I think a water alarm in the fuel system and a glass bowl is of more benefit. I had a glass bowl on my 1hz converted FJ73 and never saw a drop of water in it.
These types of adverts convince you there is a problem and then offer the remedy for something that doesnt exist.

so in my fuel sample out of the prime before the VE pump, there are 3 layers

Top layer milky diesel (suspended water)
a thin layer of black (biomaterial)
bottom layer Water

I think this confirms contamination,
I may pull the rear seat out and suck out the fuel I have from the access panel to try and get out as much as I can.

Is that from the filter? If so it's doing what it's designed to do and don't worry. Change the filter and keep driving.
If that's direct from the tank then it's time to clean the whole system. No additive will help you.

Is that from the filter? If so it's doing what it's designed to do and don't worry. Change the filter and keep driving.
If that's direct from the tank then it's time to clean the whole system. No additive will help you.
Yes, this was from draining the filter.
it seems like the filter is doing its job... i got another water warning light so this will be my third time draining it this week

Yes, this was from draining the filter.
it seems like the filter is doing its job... i got another water warning light so this will be my third time draining it this week

Time to drain the tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom