craigslist FS Kona, Hawaii 1997 Collector's edition 94K miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Not affiliated but I am currently on island. Looks like it may have the diff lock option.
Sometimes you can find one of these in AK or HI that doesn't have a premium price. Not the case here-$25K.

Engine doesn't look that bad to me. It's the rust that kills me. And you're right about how rare this baby is. It's interesting to me that two of the rarest 80s are here in Hawaii. I found one about 10 months ago with ~140K on the clock, 1997 CE triple locked, extreme rust and then this one.
There is just way too much corrosion in that CE engine bay. For comparison, here's my locked '97 LX with 92k miles from northern California.

IMG_7066.jpg

There is just way too much corrosion in that CE engine bay. For comparison, here's my locked '97 LX with 92k miles from northern California.

View attachment 2892454
Well, your engine bay looks brand-new! I meant the engine itself, not the surrounding supports/metal. You're right as well, too much corrosion throughout the rig, top to bottom. I was expecting it but was somewhat hopeful when another member stated how dry Kona is.

You should buy it and make it look like your LX :cool:

Seriously, do you even drive your LX? Looks amazing

Well, your engine bay looks brand-new! I meant the engine itself, not the surrounding supports/metal. You're right as well, too much corrosion throughout the rig, top to bottom. I was expecting it but was somewhat hopeful when another member stated how dry Kona is.

You should buy it and make it look like your LX :cool:

Seriously, do you even drive your LX? Looks amazing
I'll let someone else make the buy and try to restore it. There is lots of work to do there!!!

Thanks! I admit that I drive the LX very occasionally. It's in great original condition, so only out a couple of times a year. :)

Engine doesn't look that bad to me. It's the rust that kills me. And you're right about how rare this baby is. It's interesting to me that two of the rarest 80s are here in Hawaii. I found one about 10 months ago with ~140K on the clock, 1997 CE triple locked, extreme rust and then this one.
Which island was the extremely rusty one on?

This Kona CE seems to be a good example of the difference it makes parking under cover vs. exposed to the elements.

Which island was the extremely rusty one on?

This Kona CE seems to be a good example of the difference it makes parking under cover vs. exposed to the elements.
Oahu. It was a 20 min drive from me and I went cash in hand because it was only $14.5K but it was in extremely bad condition mechanically and structurally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom