Front squeaking noise. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I think the squeaking is coming from the front and I cant figure it out. It doesn't happen all the time and it comes and goes. When it is happening, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Continues to do it if I apply the brakes, does it when accelerating from a stop, and if I swerve back and forth, it doesn't change. I have changed out both drivers and passengers side inner and outer bearings. With the truck in the air, there is no play in the wheel and everything is tight. Any ideas on what I can possible look at? Forgot to mention, its a 2005 LX470.

Going to get under it and Grease the front driveshaft too. These things have such good sounds insulation that you cant hear the noise with the windows up. Just hard to pinpoint where its coming from. When doing the front passenger wheel bearing I did notice this mark on the backing plate. I inspected it, but it did not appear to be there due to rubbing. I also inspected the rotor and there were no marks on it. Thoughts?

20190612_085958.jpg

For LX's like yours, check the lower "shock" bushing... at the LCA. 90903-89016

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same noise

Yes, I believe I figured it out. When doing the timing belt this weekend we found the fan bracket idler to be bad and the belt tensioner to be bad. Both had play in them and were giving off noises. THe only reason I started to figure it came from the engine bay was when I cold started it on a cold morning. The noise was instant. Since doing the change last night, I have not heard it. But I am keeping my ears open. I hope that was the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom