Front spring rate 600, 650, or 700? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently added a winch bumper and winch so I want to go to a heavier spring rate ...So I'll be running the Bilstein 6112 's and I'm trying to figure the best spring rate to use ..eibach makes a 6 and 700 lb spring but I believe there is also a 650 option...

King 200-series coilovers come with a 600 pound as the standard option. That is for non-US spec vehicles. 650 pound springs were the recommendation from Ben at Filthy Motorsports for a truck with no bumper. Following that logic, with a bumper and winch, you’ll want at least a 700 pound spring.

Last edited:
I have 6112s with Bilstein coils. I'll check the rate when I get home for you. I have a TJM T13 and 10,000 lb winch, and they handle the weight very well. I've had it this way for 2 years and 20,000 miles. The shocks and springs were on when I got it, so they've got some age and still holding up great.

So I recently added a winch bumper and winch so I want to go to a heavier spring rate ...So I'll be running the Bilstein 6112 's and I'm trying to figure the best spring rate to use ..eibach makes a 6 and 700 lb spring but I believe there is also a 650 option...

In the 6112 thread I thought they mentioned having a proprietary spring size so you are stuck with the 650s they come with...

Unless I’m misreading something.

From what I understand eibach makes the springs...and you can get a 600 650 or 700 I believe now the 6112 come with a 650 from what Bilstein is saying

I looked at mine, and they are certainly the Tundra springs that come with the Tundra kit. Part number on the spring is E4-FD1-Y308B00, but I can't find the spring rate of this spring on Bilstein's site. At minimum lift position I'm getting about an inch and a half lift. At some point I'll probably do a Tundra Arm Swap and move the springs to the higher lift position and see what I get. Overall, I'm very impressed with them.

In my experience Bilstein is really different to upgrade parts for. When I was tuning the 7100s I ran on my '62 it took months just to get shims from them (didn't matter which vendor I tried, they all said it was just Bilstein). When I had PSS9s on an Audi project and wanted to change the spring rate Bilstein USA couldn't tell me anything about them (talked to a couple of different people). No options, no help. I would generally not recommend Bilstein if you're someone (like me) that wants to fiddle with things and really get dialed in for your usage. But YMMV. Maybe Bilstein has improved in the last few years.

FWIW I ran both 600 and 650 on my GX. Ended up with the 600s with the minimum pre-load to level at about an 1" over stock in the front. Based on this experience and other threads here (confirmed with responses above) I was planning on starting with 650s on my 200 with no extra weight up front and a goal of 1-1.5" to level the truck (actually more like a .5-1" rake instead of the 2.5" the HE has stock).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom