Front Heater Not working Right (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I connected the wires to my REAR heater today and it seems to work okay. The FRONT heater continued to not work so I dug into it. It has power to it. when I unplug it,the fan is hard to turn by hand. When plugged in,it turns easier but still doesn't spin unassisted.
I dug the motor apart and sprayed the conglomeration of copper wire with electrical cleaner. Then I couldn't get the thing back through the large magnets just right. It lacks about 1/3 of an inch from extending through the bottom for the fan shaft. I just set it aside until I could figure what the problem is.The REAR heater fan turns much faster when the FRONT heater is unplugged.The FRONT heater wires were getting hot from trying to turn the motor. Where do I go from here ???
Something else,the seatbelt buzzer sounds off occassionally when I'm operating the Fan pull switch? What the heck's causing that ?

What? ???...you guys don't know anything about HEATERS! C'MON

When my fan quit working, I found a used one, worked OK for two years till I sold it. My guess on your rear heater blowing less when both units are connected is because the front is pulling to much amps, so it slows the rear unit down. Surprised it didn't blow the fuse. mine did. it would suck to have a wire fire not sure if PO did something to the wiring. If the wires are getting hot to touch, not to far away from a meltdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom