Front End - steering dampener snapped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey! I just picked up about a week ago an 84 FJ60 from Los Angeles and drove it across country to Wilmington, North Carolina.

It’s a beast. But has caused some problems as I’ve been repairing issues from the PO. I realized late that my whole front end really got worked by the PO on a trail.

The front sway arm and drag link is all bent in a U shape and the steering dampener is broken off entirely. I’m not a mechanic at all but wanted to get the land cruiser as a project to work on.

Any luck where I could find a whole new front end? How difficult could it be that I try this on my own. Any one know any mechanics in the Wilmington area or someone who’d be up to helping over the weekend and next week?

Thanks guys and excited to dive back in to landcruisers. I attached a photo of the rig in Colorado

B23BF33F-7269-45BE-A36E-0E6B49CF7DE6.jpeg

Look in the classifieds section on this website for someone "parting out" a cruiser (selling parts off of it). The steering gear is really simple. Once you see a diagram or photos how it's supposed to go together, it'll just be a matter of bolting it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom