Front driver brake bleeds slowly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I changed my brake pads and front calipers, and took that opportunity to bleed the brake system. It all went well until the last one.. The front driver side (which had the seized caliper in the first place) brake was very slow going when attempting to bleed, and there was some black particulates in the fluid.
I took this to be a degraded brake hose, so I went and got some new brake hoses and just put them on, but this has not solved my problem. When attempting to bleed, the brake pedal is very stiff and the fluid comes out at about 1/10 the rate of all other brakes. I am not getting any more black particulates.
When I disconnect the brake line from the caliper there is free flow..

Seems to me like the particulates from the previous brake line have clogged my brand new caliper? is there a safe way to flush this caliper out?

Much appreciation to any who have some insight.

another thing I tried was removing the caliper bleeding valve entirely and pushing the brake pedal, but to no avail.

I read somewhere to try and unblock it by sticking a wire in where the bleed valve normally is. I tried this and then finally got what I expected when i pressed the brake. hundreds of these tiny metal balls came out along with the brake fluid.. what the hell is that all about?

WIN_20231014_16_01_32_Pro.jpg

id be a little sus of those calipers. how much more is in there? is it going to potentially damage piston seals?

Last edited:
brake seems to be operating fine now, but I will do another bleed in a week. I also contacted the dealer that sold them to me yesterday but am yet to hear back. I expect them to give me a different caliper.

Take the caliper apart and inspect the seals. You can flush each port by clamping the pistons and letting one pop out. Same process as bleeding, furthest first, bleed screw last. Flush with air, then brake fluid. This is the rebuild procedure. Make sure you use a wood block inside the caliper, where the pads go and don't use more than 10-15-psi.

I just took it back to where I got it from and they gave me a replacement without the shotblast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom