Front AHC sensor linkage adjustment hack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
Just use zip ties!

D6E2A14F-747B-4BE1-91C8-5F2AE8FDE960.jpeg

Jokes aside. I cranked a little hard on the heim joint and broke it. It sucks, don’t do what I did. The adjuster nut was worn down so I had to use a vise grip to turn it and it broke.

New one on the way, $80 from Toyota since Partsouq is sold out of that side for some reason.
part number: 48907-60041

I also have this tool on order which should make adjusting a ton easier:

When tightening the linkeage to the bracket is it supposed to be tight or loose? Should it be able to slide up and down on the bracket or does it stay put on the bottom?

I just redid my upper control arm bushings and I cannot remember how tight the linkage was too the bracket.

It should not be moving in the bracket as it measures the height.

@Red Beard it looks like you did more than just snapping the bolt. A bit generous with the oil?

@Red Beard it looks like you did more than just snapping the bolt. A bit generous with the oil?
Hahaha thats the FluidFilm Black undercoating I had recently got applied before that photo.

Thanks for the confirmation @Wilsil . I moved the heimbolt down to the bottom of the bracket and tightened it. However, I am still having issues with maintaining it in N. When I turn the vehicle on it tries to pump up to N twice and indicates N on the dash, but then immediately drops to Low.

After following this thread I realize I may have several issues.
AHC stuck in low...emergency help - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ahc-stuck-in-low-emergency-help.1301404/post-14750192

1. I currently have all my tools and old parts(steering rack, cv axles, brake rotors, etc.) in the truck. I will take those out and see if that helps.

2. I disconnected the TBs from the LCA but failed to mark the spline and realign appropriately. I marked the spline for the 30mm at the end and matched it up when reattaching all the suspension components. Unsure if the spline at the front end of the TB may have affected neutral height. I will follow @IndroCruise tips on TB adjustment as indicated in the thread linked above.

3. When removing the UCA bushings on both sides I accidently bent the brackets that attach to the sensor arms. I tried to align them as straight as I could but I fear that the slight misalignment is causing AHC height issues. Unsure how to fix this other than buying new UCAs or even sensor arm linkage. Photos below of brackets prior to heimbolt adjustment.

LH AHC Heimbolt.JPG
RH AHC Heimbolt.JPG

Hopefully by doing these things I can resolve the Low issue. But if anyone would like to pitch in additional advice or corrections it would be much appreciated.

I'll get an update sometime in the next week.

Do you have Techstream?

Better get it now so you know the status.
eBay is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom