Fridge drop slide from Slee - Anyone try one yet ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw this on their website. Looks very nice !

drop_450_3.jpg

https://forum.ih8mud.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=26

yeah, I tried it while we were in Moab. It IS nice, but DAMN the price! I'm young, so I can climb up on the tailgate to look in after I slide it out on my AO Drawers.

I always seem to have lunch spread out on the entire tailgate. Although there certainly are times it would be nice to easily see and get what's inside the fridge...especially on those longer trips where I somehow forget everything I stuffed in there :rolleyes:.

Yep they're nice, gas strut assisted, but I can't afford the price tag either. Have heard of people making their own similar style units. One problem with fridges and slides is having to enclose them to stop other luggage falling in the hole created when the fridge comes out, the addition of this slide makes that space a bit wider as well.

Is this the original one (Platinum4x4/Engel) or the one that was blatantly cloned and sold by someone else?

Doesn't that top frame handle get in the way of the fridge's lid opening?

Duh, yes the handle goes backwards. This is the original one designed by a company in Australia, now imported by Engel. We have the only stock in the country.

The US made one is made by Jerry and I believe he advertises in Overland Journal now. It was shown at the Overland Expo. The only comment I have on this one is that it is much more simple to use than his. Also seemed smoother to operate. Jerry used the same concept, but what he is selling now is not a direct copy.

They're nice, I've had one for a while, very smooth / easy action and you can use it as a drop slide or a normal slide if your tailgate is occupied. It's very solid but quite heavy as a result. The extra space the frame takes up is about the same ventilation space I like to have round the fridge so I don't see that as a problem.

They're nice, I've had one for a while, very smooth / easy action and you can use it as a drop slide or a normal slide if your tailgate is occupied. It's very solid but quite heavy as a result. The extra space the frame takes up is about the same ventilation space I like to have round the fridge so I don't see that as a problem.

I think I've seen 80lbs as the listed weight for this drop down slide?

This is pretty nice piece of gear. I saw it at CM and was surprised on how easy it was for my wife to use.

I think I've seen 80lbs as the listed weight for this drop down slide?
I could be that heavy although I would have guessed lower. Mine is installed or I would put it on some scales and check.

But if you're short enough, even the drop isn't enough.

My wife is 4'11"...anything above ground level is too tall.

I don't have a drawer system right now so this won't work for me.

Just get two drop slides stacked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom