Freeze plug heater for the 1FZ, available at your local parts store (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark W

Yep, it's true. I just don't care that much.
Threads
This is not exactly a eureka moment or any great revelation. But for what it is worth and to get the knowledge in the search fodder...

We all know what a pain in the butt it has been to track down the correct freeze plug heater for the 80 series. If you go to the OEM part number, it is of course obsolete. I don't believe Toyota of America ever had it in their system in the first place. And none of the part stores ever have a listing for it either. Nor are they able to cross-reference it to anything they carry based on the OEM part number. Now, if you're in Canada, you're lucky, the Toyota dealers in Canada stock them. If you order one, you actually get a Zero Start not any sort of Aisin or Denso part, but that's no big deal.

For those of us South of that particular border, it can be a pain in the butt to have to call Canadian dealers and have a blockheater shipped. You can of course, order it from some of the Land Cruiser vendors, and personally, I am all about supporting those guys when I can.

I needed one myself and really did not have the time to wait for it. So a little bit of surfing in old threads here gave me some part numbers to get started with and turning to my trusty commercial parts guy, we came up with the unit we need.

So, short story, if you need a block heater for your 1FZ and need it now, don't confuse the issue by telling your parts guy that. Tell him that you need a block heater for a 1988 Toyota Corolla.

The Zero Start part number is 3100021. This is a 400 watt unit. (35 mm of course.) I doubt that you could fit a 600 watt element in there *if* you could find one. And if you ain't on the north slope 400 will do ya good. 😉

Fitment verified in either of the 2 forward holes..

20231115_102356.jpg

Mark...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom