Four Wheeler Mag speculates that FJ will have KDDS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
October 05 - Page 51 talking about advanced suspensions. The Mag mentions the FJ as one of the first lower cost SUVs to have the technology.

I'd be happy with KISS. :D

got it, here is a cut and past out of that article

Formidable Technology for Four-Wheeling
Toyota also demonstrated its Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), which comes on the GX 470. By allowing the decoupling of the GX 470's front and rear stabilizer bars, KDSS allows greater suspension articulation (movement, that is) off-road. This was aptly demo'd on the off-road section of the Proving Grounds, where we took identical GX 470s over a severely rutted trail, one with the KDSS turned on and another with it off.

As you can see from the photos, the KDSS-assisted truck was able to keep all its tires in contact with the ground due to the greater suspension travel afforded by the system, while the one with KDSS switched off has a rear tire clawing at thin air.

Another benefit of KDSS is that it allows larger stabilizer bars for improved on-road handling via decreased body roll. So yes, sometimes you can have your cake and eat it, too.

toyotas new BOAHMYW system

Cruiser_Nerd said:
I'd be happy with KISS. :D

the KISS system has been dropped and replaced by Toyota's new BOAHMYW system (short for bend over and hand me your wallet)

I've sure the doctor can prescribe something to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom