Found this under my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this part lying under my parked 97 fjz80. Reminds me of the transmission inspection cover as far as the construction goes. Anyone know where this came from?? TIA.
20220829_075916.jpg

That goes on the very rear, on the body. It's the rearmost boxed section under the tailgate.

Lay under the truck on your back approaching from the rear. It will be toward your toes on the left or right side.

That goes on the very rear, on the body. It's the rearmost boxed section under the tailgate.

Lay under the truck on your back approaching from the rear. It will be toward your toes on the left or right side.
What he said. I think you have one on each side. Far back corners of the truck.

Been away for a few days. Thanks all.

IME the plastic shrinks with age then falls out when you hit a bump. Lucky you found it.

FWIW you could stick a short length of butyl rubber "rope" (Window Weld) on both the top and bottom before you snap it back into place. That way it won't pop out but will still be removable in the future if needed.

FWIW

it's a coaster

IME the plastic shrinks with age then falls out when you hit a bump. Lucky you found it.

FWIW you could stick a short length of butyl rubber "rope" (Window Weld) on both the top and bottom before you snap it back into place. That way it won't pop out but will still be removable in the future if needed.

FWIW
Just hit ATR at Windrock this weekend after popping it back in so hope it's still there 🤣

This is how rodents get into our rigs, well at least the fat ones! The skinny mice goes in through the fresh air duct. Mine was missing for years and that's how they've been accessing the interior but I've since covered it up. Keep an eye out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom