Found this add in the Dallas paper….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This add is in the Dallas paper for a 97 TLC, $2500 & assume payments.
I called last night and he said that the payment was $750.00 or so. It had only one remaining payment.
I asked what was wrong with it. He told me it will not start, Just turns over like it wants to start but will not fire. He told me that the (“dealer?”) said that could/would take $3K to get it running. Apparently it has an electrical problem and needs lots of time for diagnosis. Is there a problem with the ECU on the 97’s? I know that on my ’92 VR4 Galant, there is a problem with the capacitors in the ECU & if not replaced, the fluid leaks out and corrodes the circuit board causing irreversible damage. I think they don’t make these capacitors for that reason.

Can someone in the Dallas area look at this for me and see if it is worth the trouble? Someone on this BB might need it for parts if nothing else. I have the phone # 972.642.7636 & 214.437.5408 Please post here with any info.
Thanks DMX84

If all he wants is basically $3,250 and you get a CLEAN title, then somone needs to buy this.

$3k to purchase and ~$3k to get it running? Jump on it.

no kiddin............run don't walk and pick that damn thing up. I would kinda wonder if maybe its a flood rig......maybe a bit to much water and it fried some stuff.......but regardless its prolly a deal. Even if it took 3k to get it running.....its still a deal

I would bet money its a flood rig especially in dallas and for that price. make sure you ask the owner for thed conatact info to the toyota dealer he was dealing with and the service writer who knows about it as they could tell you honestly what is up and what it will take to get it going. FWIW if it was flooded and he did not turn in to insurance there will be no salvage title just all the headaches.
Dave

Even at 3.4K for a parts rig, it's worth it.

Even if you can't manage to get it running.. sure is good for parts...Sometimes it sounds like i bought a jaguar.. one for parts and one to drive!!!!!!!!!!

He told me he had it since 2000. If his payments are $750 + it had to be running!
Can anyone in Dallas area call / look at it for me? (If it’s not too far or too much trouble.)

Christo called and the owner said he has one year of payments left at 750 or so a month. Maybe not such a good deal robbie

That’s what I found out before I posted this! Just need someone to look at it. That is not a bad price & I do need a LC!

DMX,

Actually, that's not exactly what YOU found out. Your version was one $750 payment, plus the $2500 or $3250 to own the truck. Christo's corrected version is 12 payments of $750 ($9000), plus $2500 for a total of $11,500 to own the truck. Toss in not driving the truck, plus coughing up a minimum of $3,000 brings it simply to a good deal at $14,500 - not a steal and not worth jumping on if it's not running IMO.....

DougM

lol.gif
1 payment of $750 vs 12. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Dude, bag it. Unless you can have someone that knows 80's real well in the DFW area, don't risk it.

There are a few members of LSLC that have 80's in the DFW chapter. You need to find people you can get a good report from. I lucked out and was able to twist Pimp's arm to go look at a cruiser for me. :D LOL, like anyone would ever have to twist his arm to get him to look at a rig. Seriously, if you are fixated on this truck, then keep looking around for folks to look at it for you.

But dude, I would not go near it for that price. For 1 pmt, absolutely. 12 payments is just
kook.gif

. I lucked out and was able to twist Pimp's arm to go look at a cruiser for me. LOL, like anyone would ever have to twist his arm to get him to look at a rig.

yea, a more likely scenario would be "uh ah welll uh mike that cruisers no good for ya" and next thing ya know, its in the pimp fleet!!! ;)

just kiddin

doug

By DougM
Actually, that's not exactly what YOU found out. Your version was one $750 payment, plus the $2500 or $3250 to own the truck. Christo's corrected version is 12 payments of $750 ($9000), plus $2500 for a total of $11,500 to own the truck. Toss in not drivine thuctr pk,s luugconghip umia muniofm 3, $0 00inbr igssit lympo tgoa dodl ea $at,514 -00ot n s aaltend aot nor w jthpium ongifn t& i39#0 n;s rotniun Ing..MO.
..ou
D[/gMotqu
Te]nkhafos clr riea tngs hi Iupnd usterd ooattht is walyonne oon m nth aotea y :r. W-[n hecaI edll w I pasttretiy d,relu pI s ulconod unt rsdenttaha tgut I y outht gh wit oasy nle onympat,enha twot d ulvehaee ba n ttbe derl.eay Mfewive esan tidt haghni&qt t;uoerthmue bstsoe thme wngngrouo&q. t;or
S, rybbRo, ieriCho stmp&aDo; M,ug g Issue w I casghauupt n ie thciexmete ontthf “isaldean” tod lltaovy lerkeoothd hatmee iontd ne] [ie onarye/i [ :]!oowh:
ps67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom