Wanted Found a switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Needed. Mine does not seem to be working in any position anymore.

073DE11B-C2C4-4D6B-A40A-EC302B03BB47.jpeg

you can dis-assemble the back part of the switch and clean the contact plate. most likely gummed or varnished up and a cleaning with an eraser on a pencil will do the trick

you can dis-assemble the back part of the switch and clean the contact plate. most likely gummed or varnished up and a cleaning with an eraser on a pencil will do the trick

Worth a try! Thanks.

I’ll still take one that works.....

Needed. Mine does not seem to be working in any position anymore.

View attachment 1970255

The opportunities to repair , refurbish or restore and piece of Vintage Toyota History like your Rotary LIGHT switch are

few and far between . My belief is PO folks just swapped them out for your Local Phillips 66 Truck Stop variety brand one

back in the Dayz when that was the thing to do , Folks who bought Land Cruisers lived in the Mountains & Remote areas

where access to a Dealership Parts Dept. was Non-existent really . and Mail order by phone was probably not even a Idea then either ?

thats why u dont EVER see them come up used parts on MUD or Ebay etc ...........

there simply are not that many left alive , so Absolutely Try to Preserve Your UNICORN

what i have seen on the few iv Serviced , is that the machine screws on the Brass Lugs on the back can vibrate loose , and or

tarnish & corrode to the point of MAX Resistance between conductor LEEDS and the brass LUG itself .

i would get a set of fresh Stainless Steel Lug Machine scews Phillips head , and pull switch , polish Lugs good , install new SS screws

now the interesting part :

- cut back each leed or wire say 10mm , and trim to length stripped end , Presto ! Brand New Copper and a good conductors

when machine screw sinched down Very Carefully ....................

- i would say there is a solid 42.0% chance what i outlined above is the issue , and not the switch internals

BUT , ............. I could be wrong and it is inside maybe

but , remove , polish , trim , replace cost *9 cents in ss machine screws and can be done in 2.25 hours or less practiclally speaking

its worth a try , that much im certain of .....................

good luck @wngrog :)

Tokai_Rika_logo1111.png

unicorn - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
worth trying above before opening switch body.

i just completed a Full Restore on this First Generation Wiper Rotary Switch , including going inside to polish contactys , pach with Di-Electric Grease etc.........

Note : my new 3mm stainless steel SEMS machine screws ,

- u need to obtain a Polish-out level very similar to this to properly conduct bare strand wire I LuGS electrical flow ....

-
DSCN9949.JPG
DSCN9954.JPG
DSCN9955.JPG
DSCN9959.JPG
DSCN9962.JPG

Well I’ll ask the dumb question, my forte: did you check fuse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom