Forum Members Lifts - For FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. What lift Kit / components did you use? Include Spacers, if any.OME 2.5 Heavy 850/863, purchased from Slee.2. Why did you select that particular lift?Enough lift for most things, but still able to run it with very few modifications. Also wanted to be able to carry tons of gear, etc. without any sagging.3. What tire size are you running?305 x 70 x 16 BFG muds.4. Rim specs - 16x8 w/ "x" backspacingStock rims.5. What caster correction, if any have you used?Have 1" yellow correction bushings that come with Slee 2.5" kit, but have not installed them yet.6. Have you had any rubbing issues?Nope.7. Did you have any Driveline issues? What was the cause and how did you fix it? Nope.8. What is your main on and off-road uses of vehicle?Daily driver, digging in steep muddy conditions, Moab trails, carrying loads of gear and people on camping trips.9. Are you happy with the performance on and off-road your for your use.Amazingly happy.10. What would you do if you were going to do it differently?"If" I end up doing anything differently, it will be to put together a lift and gearing combo that can comfortabley run 35's with no rubbing, driveline issues, etc.11. Any plans on modifying the lift or other related components (Tire size)?Not at this moment. However, I may eventually want to run 35's.

1. What lift Kit / components did you use? Include Spacers, if any.

OME 2.5" medium, OME Steering stabilizer, castor correction

2. Why did you select that particular lift?

to gain clearance while maintaining the excellent drive-ability of the 80 series platform. this is a expedition oriented 80. someone once told me that keeping a truck closer to the stock set up will generally be more effective as the vehicle will still perform as intended. it's kind of like using only OEM replacement parts.

3. What tire size are you running?

265/75/R16

4. Rim specs - 16x8 w/ "x" backspacing

stock rims no adjustments made

5. What caster correction, if any have you used?

the OME castor correction that most vendors spec with the OME 2.5" medium kit.

6. Have you had any rubbing issues?

nope.

7. Did you have any Driveline issues? What was the cause and how did you fix it?

no driveline issues

8. What is your main on and off-road uses of vehicle?

transport, DD, overnight expedition camping trips, Fruita and Moab trips, living-in-the-mountains-driving

9. Are you happy with the performance on and off-road your for your use.

yes. looks great drives great.

10. What would you do if you were going to do it differently?

review concept of running 285/75 tires. this may still happen in the future. or 255/85 tires.

I like how the truck looks nose-down, but could consider a level kitting this truck with a 1" spacer in the front end. I once level-kitted a pick up truck. The level kit looked and drove great until I loaded up the 8' bed, then the handling got kind of wallow-y.

11. Any plans on modifying the lift or other related components (Tire size)?

will probably go to 33" tires when it is time for new rubber (or sooner). this will be dependent upon needing additional clearance/how engine efficiency restoration goes over time as I have data about how the truck operates with the lift and bumper.

l_d80375e55ac042f5b85dc88bc7ec17e5.jpg

l_5ace0c03a9934226bac602f9d52f9c81.jpg

The last pic shows my 24.5 mondo point ski boots under the side steps. height to top of side steps is 19" and 20" front and rear respectively. the side steps come in very handy for getting into the vehicle with the 2.5" suspension kit installed.

l_335f009daacf460fb9b6badcac8cbfc5.jpg

1:
OME J Springs (850J front, 863J rear)
OME Shocks (N73L front, N74L rear)
Slee 25mm Spacers in front
Slee Blue 3* Caster Bushings

2: meh: was available and like the previous 2.5" med version.

3: 285/75/16

4: Stock '94 16's.

5: Slee Blue Bushings.

6: None so far.

7: None so far.

8: 50% DD, mild/med off-road use.

9: Very good for our use.

10: 35's for tyres, going direct to J's or something else before buying OME med.

11: Go to 35's. Extend brake and diff lines. If vibes come about then DC DS.
2010 - June - Land Cruiser Lift 004 (Medium).jpg

96 Landcruiser.

1. OME Medium, 851/860, with OME shocks
2. Price point, and didn't want to go too high. Still wanted to be able to fit into the garage
3. 315/75/16
4. Stock 96 wheels
5. None
6. No rubbing
7. No driveline issues/vibes
8. Mainly city driving with light trail use
9. A little stiffer than I'd like, but it did the job and was better than the stock springs
10. If I didn't care about parking in my garage I'd go with a J lift and slightly larger tires. Otherwise, I would add caster correction bushings which I did not install on that particular truck
11. Nope, truck was sold a while back.
IMG_0463.jpg

OME 850/863 springs. 2- 30mm poly spacers up front, 1 in the rear with an airbag inserted in the rear springs for loaded trips. ( I wish I had just gone with J Springs to begin with as I wasn't as high as I wanted later on.

315/85 - 16 Yokohama geolanders on factory rims and no extra spacing. (never had tire clearance issues. Was looking for more clearance after running 285 (33's) for several years and had been banging my bumpers on certain trails.) No issues now.

Caster correction plates. ( I have a little light steering as I added 1 inch lift after the caster correction, but its totally livable, no death wobble or issues as long as everything is tight. I could fix this with 1 inch wheel spacers but don't feel it's necessary)

Both drive-lines replaced with double Cardan drive lines. (reduce vibration and growl). I had significant deceleration growl after lift.

I spend a lot of time in town, but we do some rock crawling and a lot of rough mountain road type camping.

I may consider 4:88 gears later. I feel a little under powered on the freeway going to/from trails.

Pic/ previous comments.

20160905_124512.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom