ford engines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i had a 351W in my bronco and loved it. if i could track it down i'd try to buy it back and drop it into the fj. 1988 bronco with only 100k on it i bought from the only owner w/ all the maitenance records. now that i think of it, i've gotta call my insurance company and see if they can help me track it down.

true, but i personally am not lookin for man-sized amountes of HP, i like high torque and longevity, which the 300 provides.

i personally think that would be a wast of time to swap to the ford 300 over the yota straight 6 the FI 300 may have had more torque and power than the 3fe but if your not looking for huge gains then why not just go with or stay with the 3fe as opposed to going through all the trouble and money to swap in a 300. seems like a waste of money IMOP. I personally am not really a fan of ford engines in general as im more of a bowtie kinda guy but i can agree the ford 300 was a pretty decent lasting motor but to each theyre own

i personally think that would be a wast of time to swap to the ford 300 over the yota straight 6 the FI 300 may have had more torque and power than the 3fe but if your not looking for huge gains then why not just go with or stay with the 3fe as opposed to going through all the trouble and money to swap in a 300. seems like a waste of money IMOP. I personally am not really a fan of ford engines in general as im more of a bowtie kinda guy but i can agree the ford 300 was a pretty decent lasting motor but to each theyre own

Exactly, why swap things out if you are not going for more HP??

You are not going to get a motor with a longer lifespan by doing an engine swap..

2/3FE swap has a lot of base potential.

believe me I would love to keep my 3FE but rebuilds and fj motors are very expensive and rare here in Alaska. I can find 2F everyware but I'm not swaping for that.

believe me I would love to keep my 3FE but rebuilds and fj motors are very expensive and rare here in Alaska. I can find 2F everyware but I'm not swaping for that.

Did you ever track down what is wrong with the one you've got? (Maybe there is still hope for it?)

Put a 2F block under your 3FE head..

More bettah..

Did you ever track down what is wrong with the one you've got? (Maybe there is still hope for it?)

no I have a new dizzy coming in and if it still doesn't work after that I'm stumped.. I replaced everything in the ingnition coil, igniter,plugs,wires,rotor,cap and now the dizzy. I still don't think it the dizzy but I'm willen to try anything at this point. I just can't get spark.... I've even replaced the ECU...

I've also tested per FSM and everything is reading to spec. so I have know idea whats wrong with it

Last edited:
no I have a new dizzy coming in and if it still doesn't work after that I'm stumped.. I replaced everything in the ingnition coil, igniter,plugs,wires,rotor,cap and now the dizzy. I still don't think it the dizzy but I'm willen to try anything at this point. I just can't get spark.... I've even replaced the ECU...

I've also tested per FSM and everything is reading to spec. so I have know idea whats wrong with it

How are you checking for spark?

oh by the way...

by the way i was just sayin if you were to use any ford engine, go for the 300, but if i had the choice, i would keep my yota six i dont belive in putting in bigger, heavier amrican crap. thoes belong in big american vehicals...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

ALSO::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Edit; Not a good pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
a SBC with a/c i believe weighs slightly less than the 2f... and double the power and better fuel economy....

How are you checking for spark?

Pulling the plug wire and putting a spark pug in it while setting it next to ground. also I checked the dizzy per the FSM. everything reads to spec. I also made all new grounds and checked the Fusable links and still nothing.....???????

next to? Or are you grounding out the plug?

next to. at first it was a light spark but now I have nothing.

next question. sombody was asking me if I had a crank posisioning sensor. I couldn't answer him wether I did or not. so my question is do I????

I think the crank sensors are only on distributorless ignition.

I know it sounds too simple but have you checked all your fuses? I had a no-start event in another car and it turned out to be a fuse that I didn't think was related. Of course I didn't figure that out until I had replaced several parts, at least it got some maintenance. :bang:

yes I checked all the fuses and looked and tested the relays.

I had a 1971 Mercury Monterey with the 400 and a C6. It had a two barrell carb and would fry the tires at every light. The little beast made 400 pounds of torque at 2200 RPM (peak) and the sensation of being pushed into the back seat just never went away. I loved that car and I've always had a soft spot for the 400 ever since. I can only imagine what I could have done with a better carb, intake and exhaust.

I had one of those!!! Mine was 2-door and brown just like the advertisement photo.
1972MarquisBroughams.jpg

That was one fun boat.
Memories. Those rear wheel covers were a pain... But whatda back seat;)

well now I have changed out everything inthe ingition process and still no spark. I'm absoluty going insain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom