Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan,

@slceso had some spacers he was going to give to me to help with my stink bug .... but we have not arraigned delivery yet (Jason, they still around?).

Anyway, I have some 25-ish mm spacers up front now (nothing in back) you are welcomed to. Note .... these are just cheap auto zone dudes but work well.

4" spacers will get you into bro stance im afraid and im gonna have to quit hanging out if you go there :D

Afraid you'll likely only find in pairs. Mr gasket dude works well and can be had locally but ~ $30 for 2.

Aren't the Mr. Gasket spacers rubber? If so the rubber over time will degrade, break down, and eventually fail. The spacers I've been looking at are poly for a more permanent solution to correct the lean. @Rice the fronts are different than the rears and if the spacers are poly, they are almost impossible to remove from the spring retainer once installed.

Another option is I buy a pair and sell the other on here. Is anyone else dealing with an awful lean?

Sure ..... but its a workable solution and there were no durability parameters listed :D and fwiw poly has s*** reputation in bushing use, perhaps as a spacer it isnt as succeptable to failure.

concrete ran his mr G for 4-5 years and were not compromised afterward. just giving you an option. Anyone with nicer spacers is likely using them both. Can you fix the spring instead of looking for a more durable bandaid? They on correct side? Did you build all your weight biased to one side?

Aren't the Mr. Gasket spacers rubber? If so the rubber over time will degrade, break down, and eventually fail. The spacers I've been looking at are poly for a more permanent solution to correct the lean. @Rice the fronts are different than the rears and if the spacers are poly, they are almost impossible to remove from the spring retainer once installed.

Another option is I buy a pair and sell the other on here. Is anyone else dealing with an awful lean?

Oh, sorry man. Didn't pick up that you were looking for rears.

[QUOTE="Greenbean, post: 11072206, member: 80861]
Heck on the right property a wonderful shooting target, hahaha...[/QUOTE]

:hmm:

That's a mess I would not want to clean up.

Jonathan,

@slceso had some spacers he was going to give to me to help with my stink bug .... but we have not arraigned delivery yet (Jason, they still around?).

Anyway, I have some 25-ish mm spacers up front now (nothing in back) you are welcomed to. Note .... these are just cheap auto zone dudes but work well.
Ya still got em. They are ~4". I almost scrapped them, but I'll figure a way to get them to you.

Anyone interested in a tire trade?

I have 31x10.50r15 old school BFG MT's. They are in vgc, plenty of tread left, and run true. I am interested in trading for a set of all-terrains in the same size.

Anyone interested in a set of brown third row seats from a 91? Trying to figure out what to do with them since they won't see the inside of my truck again. If so, I can send pics and we can chat about the deal.
-Derek

Sure ..... but its a workable solution and there were no durability parameters listed :D and fwiw poly has s*** reputation in bushing use, perhaps as a spacer it isnt as succeptable to failure.

concrete ran his mr G for 4-5 years and were not compromised afterward. just giving you an option. Anyone with nicer spacers is likely using them both. Can you fix the spring instead of looking for a more durable bandaid? They on correct side? Did you build all your weight biased to one side?
They are labeled left and right. I assumed left = driver and right = passenger (US rules). I installed them that way and the lean was BAD. 1 1/2 inch difference with the passenger side high. I drove it that way for a bit thinking it would settle and level out. Nope. Nothing. I posted in the 80 section about my experience and they said swap the springs. I swapped the springs and lo and behold the truck was perfect. A month later and several trips to Uwharrie, the lean is back. Not as bad as an 1 1/2" but a solid inch most of the time with passenger high still. I thought maybe the springs have finally settled so Saturday I rented two spring compressors and swapped the springs again. Now the difference is closer to 1 3/4".

I've ordered a 30mm spacer from Dobinson. I will swap the springs yet again and add the spacer to the driver side. After taking some measurements and doing some calculations the driver side should be 3mm higher. I can live with that.

Anyone interested in a set of brown third row seats from a 91? Trying to figure out what to do with them since they won't see the inside of my truck again. If so, I can send pics and we can chat about the deal.
-Derek
Pull the mounting hardware off and either take them to the dump (like I did) or make garage seats out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom