For Sale/Wanted To Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive got Four New 285/75/16 Patagonia MTs mounted on FJ80 Wheels. These tires have 50 miles on them, I found some toyota steelies with 33s on CL the week after I bought these... Great New Tires $800

IMG_5631.jpg
IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

Hi guys, Daniel from Upstate Cruisers here. A friend is interested in this 60. Is the seller part of LCLC or has anyone looked at this truck in-person already?

1984 Toyota LandCruiser FJ60 (Restored)
He may have registered but I haven't seen him at any events. I HAVE seen that truck, though. I met him at CostCo a few years back and the truck truly is gorgeous. It was in great shape at the time.

Brocks wasn't modded like that.

Hi guys, Daniel from Upstate Cruisers here. A friend is interested in this 60. Is the seller part of LCLC or has anyone looked at this truck in-person already?

1984 Toyota LandCruiser FJ60 (Restored)

@dmark84

I've met this guy, and looked at it, but not the kind of looking you do before you buy something. He lives here in Beaufort. Let me know if I can help out.

Nope not my 86...but looks to be a good truck if engine, trans and interior is good and it only has one or two bubble spots around fenders as noticed and not full of bondo..... Worth looking at. Reminds me of another restoration that a guy looking at my 60 last year ended up buying but he would of only had it for a few months and not 2 years as OP states...

Brock is in Cruiser remission. Aka, Cruiserless

image.jpeg
Have decided to sell the 73 ,pm me for the details.

Is it just me, or does it look like the tailgate won't clear the swing out?
Look at the next to last pic, the pivot pin appears to have 180* of travel for the swing out. Because we're in the wake of Valentine's Day, I'll withhold any engineer remark.

Look at the next to last pic, the pivot pin appears to have 180* of travel for the swing out. Because we're in the wake of Valentine's Day, I'll withhold any engineer remark.
Ugh. You're right, I should have looked closer. So that means 1) the swingout can probably send the tire right in to the rear light assembly, 2) the pin is actually a shoulder bolt with a nut that does not appear to have a secondary locking feature (not castellated, no jam nut, might have nylon lock?), 3) there is no secondary safety feature to keep the tire from swinging out if the latch fails 4) the hinge plate appears to be undersized for the load that tire is applying (no secondary support) 5) I have too much time on my hands.

I hope you don't have to take off the spare to put the rear tailgate down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom