for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i'm diggin' that color. what is it? cool rig!!

91 body....everything comes with it except fender flares and front seats....unless the deal is too good the front seats will be included.

How bad is the rust? i was looking for a rust free more or less 60 series. Thanks for the offer...let me know how much you want it for....

thanks,
-Al

FJsixty2 said:
i'm diggin' that color. what is it? cool rig!!

It's actually a Nissan Xterra color from the first year they came out! The previous owner had it painted that color...

I love the color also..I will use this color for my next rig for sure!

JR

Just out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of both of your 60's? Are you hopping out of cruisers?

GLTHFJ60 said:
Just out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of both of your 60's? Are you hopping out of cruisers?

HELL NO. I will NEVER get out cruisers!:grinpimp:

I'm trying to purchase another mud members built fj62 to replace the green truck. The white truck (my DD) is being replaced by a 98 uzj100!

Just doing a little cruiser shuffle...thats all!!!

JR

I'm interested in whats left of your truck. I specifically need a hood, bib, and front fenders. Are they in decent shape? I live in Waterloo, how far out of toronto are you (in my direction possibly)? Thanks

Curtis

I'll help...... but only if it's gonna be a 55.....and maybe a pickup too.....I'll even throw ya $50 for gas to drive here.....that gets ya almost to the Ga line!

Trade 80 Series for F250/350 or Dodge diesel...

I need to trade my 1992 FJ80 with a Chevy 350, OME 850/863 lift, ARB front and rear lockers, ARB bumper with winch, full length Kaymar roofrack, dual spiral cell batteries, Safari snorkel, etc., for a Supercab or Crew Cab Dodge or Ford 4x4 diesel worktruck. A rough body is fine, but it needs to be a solid runner with a diesel mill as I am pulling my tractor and dump trailer.

The 80 is in pretty good shape and the 350/A440F is a pro install. The 350 pulls much better than the 3FE ever did and gets 10-12 mpg dependent on foot pressure. ;) The rear tow receiver setup is also there, but the previous owner pulled the wiring loom out, so it would need to be rewired if you tow.

PM me with your phone number and we can talk. Thanks.

Tractor not included...:D

attachment.php

The wires are now routed under the block for a cleaner look and better heat proofing. I also went back to a mechanical fan for better cooling. This pic was from awhile ago.

attachment.php

Restored 89 FJ62 for sale

It has been a struggle since getting my FJC to decide what I want to do with my restored '89 FJ62. I've done all I can to the truck and it's definitely a classic headturner. I'm planning to get a project FJ - possibly a FJ45 pickup and I can't keep all three.

Below is a list of the things I've had done recently - in the last 10k miles! It looks fantastic inside and out and runs perfect. If anyone is serious about it, please PM me.

Cylinder head, valves, main bearings, piston rings, oil pump
Bodywork – all dents and rust removed, inner and outer door skins separated, rust holes fixed and painted inside and out, rust inhibitor sprayed inside doors
Repainted Dessert white outside and inside door jambs
New windshield
New grill
New headlight frames
All new emblems – Toyota and 4WD
New bumper ends (black rubber pieces)
New side marker lights
New front mud flaps
New antenna
New Yakima racks
New Flowmaster exhaust system - Talk about throaty!
New Mickey Thompson wheels and 33x12.50 Bridgestone Dueller A/T’s
New trim pieces - chrome along drip rail
Bedliner sprayed under carpet from drivers compartment to cargo area
New OEM carpet - passenger and cargo area
New OEM floor mats
Wet Okole neoprene seat covers front and back - custom made for FJ62
New Pioneer stereo
New speakers front and back
XM Satellite radio receiver
New brake master cylinder
New alternator
New radiator
New transmission cooler
New belt tensioner pulleys

Besides these things, it does have Old Man Emu shocks and added leafs for a slight lift.

I'm asking $12,750.00
I am located in Virginia Beach, VA
You can PM me and/or email me at kennybgregory@cox.net if you're interested.
IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG

That is a solid looking FJ. Too bad the timing is a bit off. I close on my new house at the end of May which means no excess cash right now. Good luck with selling it.

matrixops

sweet rig, dude. good luck with the sale.

alkaline747trio said:
Are you considering selling?

I don't know yet. I've thrown some serious coin into this rig and selling usually leaves you with quite a bit less than what you invested. Trading will usually allow you to break even or come close. I may sell in the future and have had inquiries PM'd to me, but I am only willing to trade at this point, unless you want to make me an offer I can't refuse. ;) I'm actually pretty flexible. Tempt me with a PM. :D I may just say yes. ;)

1 ton chevy

i have a 1 ton dually 6.5 turbo 199 km extended cab

kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom