Florida LandCruiser Owner Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Point well taken, Cruisermatt. Good to see you guys are local to me. Any Orlando meetups planned?

We had a meetup scheduled for Jan 27th but I guess everyone forgot about it? Hopefully we can do a quick Hard Rock trip early march.

Um, on this page?

Hello all! I am here in the Orlando area, up in Sanford. Bought my '96 a few months ago, a few leaks aside I am almost done with basic repairs. Do you guys ever get together for rides/beers/camping/wrenching whatever? I want to do a lift soon, would be great to have someone who has done it before laugh at me while I attempt it...

Mark
Hey Mark, I know this is sort of an old comment but I'm at school in Daytona Beach and make frequent trips to Deland, so not that far away if you need a helping hand.

Just getting around to exploring the Florida specific forum and thought I would post up in the registry. I am located in Tallahassee, Florida, and have a 2017 200 series, 1988 FJ62 and a newly acquired 1986 FJ60. The 62 is stock with the exception of a Terrain Tamer suspension kit and some 33 x 10.50 BFG KO2's.

The 60 series is a real gem. Just picked it up about a week ago and it's going to be the receipt of a 1HZ and 5-speed. I intended to put the diesel in the 62 series but I really did not like the idea of cutting the floorboard for the manual transmission given it's condition. The 60 series came along with a blown motor and seems to be the perfect fit. It's lived its entire life in New Mexico and Texas and only has 125k original miles. Really, really nice condition. Will be doing front/rear bumpers, roof rack and suspension as well. Will post up a build thread in the next week or so.

Let me know if anyone else is in the Tallahassee area.

IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg

Nice trucks.

And just FYI you don't need to cut the floor to put a Cruiser manual transmission in an FJ62. The 60 tunnel cover bolts in, the only cutting you need to do is about a 1" hole in the firewall for the clutch master.

You doing the diesel swap yourself?

Yea I was a little generic on my concerns. My issue is more or less the carpet situation with relocating the shifter. I know it's minor detail but the 62 is really nice. Moot point now because I scored the 60 series. As for the conversion, I'm using Rob Smith in Thomasville, GA.

1HZ/H55f is a great combo in a 60. And it's a pretty easy swap too.

Hey gang, i'm new to florida and not an owner but patiently searching for a 40....just wanted to introduce myself and didn't know where else to do it.

This is the place ! :D

thanks matt!

On the topic of 40 searching don't be afraid to ask for help with vehicle inspection, it's definitely worth it to get someone who knows the ins and outs of these trucks to provide perspective before a purchase. And 40's are becoming big purchases these days.

you're right and i know i need and will certainly ask for help. i'm hunting for a 40, +mid 70's that i can work on and learn as i go. my rotational job gives me large chunks of time to spend on her. and as most have said find one with the least amount of frame/tub rust and go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom