Floppy Power Folding Mirror - aka "retractor" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKP Garage

Forever Learning
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
My driver's side power folding mirror started becoming looser over the last several months. And for the last couple months it would sometimes fold it, and sometimes not. I did a bit of research and found some various fixes, but also found a repair kit that is direct from Toyota/Lexus. I pulled the trigger on the OEM repair kit and finally got it in today. It was a little pricey, but I figured since I'm planning on continuing to drive this LX570, I might as well fix it correctly.

It has a lot of various parts included in the kit that I haven't had a chance to dig through yet. I'll hopefully have time to get the mirror off the LX and work on it in the coming week. I'll post details on the process once I get to it incase anyone else runs into the same problem and repair.

Here is the kit on eBay incase you need one too: TOYOTA GENUINE 87966-60C20 RETRACTOR, OUTER MIRROR, LH OEM | eBay - http://ebay.us/FWuP9p
It ships from overseas. It arrived to me in Texas within 7 days from the day I ordered it.

Here's the main component that came in the kit. I'll post more later this week.

PXL_20210203_024714009.jpg

Last edited:
My driver's side power folding mirror started becoming looser over the last several months. And for the last couple months it would sometimes fold it, and sometimes not. I did a bit of research and found some various fixes, but also found a repair kit that is direct from Toyota/Lexus. I pulled the trigger on the OEM repair kit and finally got it in today. It was a little pricey, but I figured since I'm planning on continuing to drive this LX570, I might as well fix it correctly.

It has a lot of various parts included in the kit that I haven't had a chance to dig through yet. I'll hopefully have time to get the mirror off the LX and work on it in the coming week. I'll post details on the process once I get to it incase anyone else runs into the same problem and repair.

Here is the kit on eBay incase you need one too: TOYOTA GENUINE 87966-60C20 RETRACTOR, OUTER MIRROR, LH OEM | eBay - http://ebay.us/FWuP9p
It ships from overseas. It arrived to me in Texas within 7 days from the day I ordered it.

Here's the main component that came in the kit. I'll post more later this week.

View attachment 2573966
This may help you.
How to replace side mirror retract actuator (at least how I did it)

you can get these parts from any dealer (they will have to order but stock should be in US) or online within the US.

Last edited:
Great find and that repair kit is reasonable compared to the price of the whole mirror assembly. I imagine more are going to come across this issue as the 200-series ages.

I was able to fix mine with existing parts. If it comes around again, and I need to replace, I'll have your thread bookmarked. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom