1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floor covering for rear compartment of FJ60

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cwb, Dec 17, 2003.

1. cwb

cwb

What do you guys suggest to replace the carpet in the rear compartment of my 60? I'm not interested in more carpet. I was thinking of Rhino lining or something like that. I saw a diamond pattern rubber mat that SOR or MAF sells (can't remember which), but like everything else they sell, it was sky high for what you get. I think it was close to $150 to cover the bed and the back side of the fold-down rear seat.

Suggestions?

2. FJ60

FJ60

coolcruisers.com (and others) make a nice durable rubber mat that will work. I called to order one last Christmas but they were out :mad:

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    Love the spray in liner idea...that's what I'd do....

4. Jman

Jman

Yeah, definitely do the liner--it'll keep you from getting scratches that can rust. You might be left with a bit of noise and your stuff might shift around a bit if you don't have it secured, but you could always put a rubber mat down over it to solve that. Maybe check out some flooring places to see if they have rubber material you could cut to size. (If you haven't chucked your carpet yet, you could use that as a template.)

I've thought about doing this too since the carpets soaks up moisture and holds onto it for too long.

5. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

You could try to find an '81 BJ60. That was the only year that had vinyl floor covering as standard rather than carpet. I've got the rear vinyl from an '81 that'll be going into the '84 to replace the torn carpet.