Flatlander’s 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Punch list-

*Install barn door weatherstripping
*Address surface rust on floors
*Coolant hoses-moved down since I'm not losing coolant or overheating.
*Take top off for summer & resto.

Last edited:
Getting ready to take my top off for the first time tomorrow. :) Removed 10 bolts, which appears to be about half what is supposed to be holding it on. No bolts were in the posts. Removed the hatch. I't needs a deep clean and refurb...adding it to the list above.

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

@Flatlanderfj40 Do you need a hand tomorrow? I'm taking the day off of work planning to make some progress on my wiring.

Thanks for the links. When I bought the rig it came with new seat covers and my eagerness to get them installed got the best of me. Looks like I would have to take the bottom cushion off to install the fasteners?

I'm learning now to take my time so I don't have to do things twice :bang:

Thanks for the links. When I bought the rig it came with new seat covers and my eagerness to get them installed got the best of me. Looks like I would have to take the bottom cushion off to install the fasteners?

I'm learning now to take my time so I don't have to do things twice :bang:

You should be able to just remove a few screws on that bottom pad to install the twist locks. Pretty simple.

Decided to tackle the rear swing out door weatherstripping. Used the 3M adhesive remover to get the original dried up stuff off. O'Reily retail $27 :eek: Counter guy says he'll give it to me for $15, score:clap:

Found my first major rust hole.:p

IMG_5217.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom