FJ80 wheels on an FJ60/62? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

I can't find any conclusive evidence or photos saying that the fj80 wheels will fit properly on the 60?

Thanks for the info.

They don't. They have about an inch too much backspacing...which you can solve with a spacer, but you kind of get the 'lumberjack wearing shiny new nikes' look (in my opinion) when you put them on a 60-series.

They don't. They have about an inch too much backspacing...which you can solve with a spacer, but you kind of get the 'lumberjack wearing shiny new nikes' look (in my opinion) when you put them on a 60-series.

Yeah, thats one reason I'm hesitant to run them.

I picked up these because I felt they gave the most stock, but without the "shiny new nike look."

attachment.php

But, they cause the back right tire to rub the exhaust and the front right to rub on either the caliper or tie rod... I haven't looked closely enough....

I have a set of 80 wheels available for cheap, but I'm trying to avoid using spacers. But, I want to run the 255 85 16s.

Howdy,

I can't find any conclusive evidence or photos saying that the fj80 wheels will fit properly on the 60?

Thanks for the info.

You'll need at least a 1" spacer like GeologistFelix said, but that not a very big deal.

16" rim:
- Up until 1994, the rim used conical lug nuts (These are the ones you want)
- 1995 to 1997, the rim uses a special washer type lug nut (~$5 each from Toyota)

edit: just saw you want to run the 16" rims.

I'm hoping to run 91/92 80 series style wheels on my FJ62. Mainly finding longer wheel lugs for the front axle. These require smaller wheel spacers than later 80 series wheel. Caliper wasn't the issue it was tierod end. Think a 1/2" should do it to insure wheel weights clear. This is a original spare off a 80 series. It came with a set of nice Michelins 31X10X15s mounted on bling wheels. I have another set of the wheels that came off a late eighties mini truck so would be period correct on a FJ62. Have another four wheels that have a polished chrome look if I want some bling.:rolleyes:

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom