FJ80 tailgate storage panel (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tailgate storage is one of the best mods I’ve done, I also put a socket rack and slots for wrenches on the tailgate door to organize and store things better
Thx, excited to get installed. What other Mods are on your top 10 list?

LS swap is #1 for me

Thx, excited to get installed. What other Mods are on your top 10 list?

LS swap is #1 for me
The 8274 flimsy side cover replacement with tee handle and drain and fill plug was easily the best upgrade.
PM me for details (85)

But also the diesel is nice, and I like the 5 speed over the auto. It’s not as civilized as a modern LS but it idles down trails and barely sips fuel.

Fox shocks made a big difference with the airbags, long rough potholed gravel roads don’t seem as long and bumpy.

Added some boost and EGT digital gauges behind/inside the factory cluster. I like that as well.

Auxiliary fuel tank is nice for the capacity but I have some wiring bugs to fix.

I’m at the tail end of a long axle swap build, including 42” tires, bead locks, 14 bolt rear with upper wishbone triangulated suspension. Front Dana 60 (super duty) high steer, lengthened wheelbase (maybe 6-7”) new aluminum rad, front shock towers and fox shocks up front, went back to a full time case etc etc. So there is probably some bugs to be worked out still and some things that I’ll really like out of the build. Also built a 4” stainless exhaust, haven’t fired it up yet but I expect the turbo will spool quicker now.

Lots of stuff I guess.

1E256378-374E-4360-B532-911A5C14DBF3.jpeg

FA15E68A-3C70-4A29-8F1B-79122EB2F446.jpeg

3C6E9BCB-79A4-4696-AD7E-796866DFB064.jpeg

Yeah, I've got a replacement for that freespool handle from Gigglepin waiting in a box:
Need to overhaul my 8274, and that's going on when I do.

On the topic of rear door storage, anyone know of options for the ambulance style doors? Never looked into this myself, but there's definitely a lot of dead space in the doors.

"Bolt on" seems to be all the rage. I think you'll be hard pressed to find an off the shelf bolt on only. I don't know much about landcruisershops bolt in option.

I do know this, you'll be money ahead if you burn your own mounts in. Plenty of options there...

"Bolt on" seems to be all the rage. I think you'll be hard pressed to find an off the shelf bolt on only. I don't know much about landcruisershops bolt in option.

I do know this, you'll be money ahead if you burn your own mounts in. Plenty of options there...
Interesting, I’m thinking of building off of the stock yota mounts to bridge the gap to the new motor if I can’t find anything but custom would be cheap as hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom