FJ80 tailgate storage panel (1 Viewer)

Visit site
Looks like BackBay Customs has discontinued this item. Are they the only vendor?
fj80 storage panel.JPG

spazzyfry123

SILVER Star
Visit site

thatcabledude

GOLD Star
Visit site
There is company named Huracan Fabrication that makes them. I purchased one a while back for sub $300 and free shipping.

Edit: looks like price is now $345

Last edited:

RuggedBound

Supporting Vendor
Visit site
We have a few gray 80 units remaining. These have been around for over a decade in South Africa, we just brought them to the States now.

The difference with the Big Country 4x4 units is gauge of material and twin lids that open away from you. The backing plate and deck plate are both 3/16 thick Aluminum and it has a welded gusset brace in the middle between the lids to ensure it can handle repeated abuse from being stood on. The lids are pairs because their drawer systems have two drawers - so you can open one side while the opposite drawer is open, etc.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Visit site
I just purchased a Back Bay Customs lid a month or two ago from their latest batch. I am not certain if it is/was the final run, but certainly hope it was not.

It is and excellent product as expected and has become one of my favorite mods!

RuggedBound

Supporting Vendor
Visit site
Do you have any in Oak?
Big Country 4x4 will make some Oak if we can get a minimum of 10 and we can settle on a paint code in hammer tone finish. Oak shows dirty/appears more scuffed very quickly in this application. All prior custom Oak drawer systems in the past were redone in the black power coat after the customers realized the issue.
Bottom line - can be done.

Visit site
They all look fantastic. a really great mod but due to other pressing projects (like brakes) they are out of budget right now so I was thinking of building one Can someone tell me the size of the opening you need to cut or the template used? that will help me price out the parts and make the decision,
Thanks
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom