FJ80 stance/lift question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across this 80 a couple hours from where i live. It looks pretty decent and the price is OK, but looking at the wheels and tires makes we wonder. Doesn't the front wheel look like it's poking out a bit (as in wheel-spacer)?

Does this look like a 4" lift? If so, it would need the steering correction kit right? The ad states it needs new tires, so i could look for uneven wear i guess.

Thanks for any tips :popcorn:

3p83o43l65Q15Z35R1b8c5903f1645f371793.jpg

One more question. Should that rig have 33's or 35's?

I'm wanting to build it for use on the OBDR (oregon back country discovery route).

Thanks ;)

Do you have more pics, like a true side shot or of the suspension components?

That's a really bad angle for this, but yeah, looks like maybe some spacers and a 4" lift.

A 4" will almost always require caster correction. If the steering is dodgy on the test drive is the basic indicator of this being needed.

You can run 33" tires on the stock suspension. 35s should not be a problem on a truck set-up like this. However, depending on the wheels and tires, spacers might be used to avoid rubbing, for instance. Within reason, spacers seem to work well for others. Me, I just run factory wheels.

Hopefully you will come across another, when nice cruisers pop up they don't last long. I got super lucky with mine and purchased it long distance from a fellow mudder. I called him just after his listing posted and he already had several calls on it. I jumped on a plane the next day and picked it up. It was well kept but still had most of the common issues a 185k Land Cruiser will have. Just expect to put some money and time into it so there are no surprises. This site is full of all the information you will ever need and very helpful folks to get you through things.

Howdy! I know you said it is sold, so just for the record, can you tell us price, year, miles, etc? Nice to keep up on the values across the country. Thanks, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom