FJ80 Rear View Mirror Gentex Intall with pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you get the arm ("Generic Mirror Arm and block"), there's no need to get the block ("Universal Wedge Mirror Block") as well - the stock cover snaps right on. It worked that way for me, anyhow...

If you get the arm ("Generic Mirror Arm and block"), there's no need to get the block ("Universal Wedge Mirror Block") as well - the stock cover snaps right on. It worked that way for me, anyhow...

@Carcass & @jaymar
My bad, I gave you wrong info. I didn’t realize that the arm had the integrated block. I updated the post with the correct info and links.

Can anyone tell me how many threaded mounting holes there are on the final Wits' End mirror arm? I see two on the product page, but can only see one side of the arm. Also, anyone know the thread pitch? I'm lining up mounting hardware that uses a slot for a 6/32, and need to make that work with this mirror arm. Thanks again!

Anyone have the exact depth of the accessory mounting holes? Is there a chamfer? Trying to line up an adapter for my dash cam mount's set screw before the mirror arm arrives. The holes on the arm are 1/4-20 pitch, for those who may be interested. But don't know how deep.

@NLXTACY ?

Last edited:
Be great if someone could expand on that mount and fab a mount and drop arm to retain the body mounted mirror rather than deal with the adhesive at all. The body mounted mirror is one thing I love about older Toyotas.

The demand for that is ridiculously low, and I agree, I'd want to keep body mount as well. But since that's not going to happen, the block is an excellent option.

.....And this is how new parts are born! :rofl:

I just got my shopping notification on this from Joey. So if you’ve been waiting his supplier came through.

Looking forwards to the install - mainly because I know his s*** is always on point and doesn’t require fiddling with to get installed 🤣

Does anyone know the pin type for the 10pin connector - I'd like to do a custom harness so it's a clean install but finding data on the Gentex 10 pin connector has been a bear.

Company is VERY unfriendly to the consumer, much like alarm companies.

With current Wits End issues - any chance you will be creating more blocks (or could potentially share the file/specs)? I got screwed out of a universal arm I ordered in November, would love to have the arm but will go with the alternative of gluing up the new one and covering the existing spot if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom