Fj80 into fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about adding some inches at your wheelbase .. ? moving forward your front axle ..

Other option that comes to my mind is find ( I'm not sure if is posible over there ) a front straight axle 8" from a pic up /hi lux and place the HP from 80 3rd member.

lowtideride said:
1350's are weaker and have less flex than an cruiser u-joint. No chance on getting a 81-84 fj60 drive shaft with doubleC ?

I thought about it, BUT i cannot find one for a desent price. I do know the 1350 is weaker and less flex but i think it is the only double i can fit up there. How about the toyota double? Is it much bigger than a sinlge?:cheers:

Tapage said:
What about adding some inches at your wheelbase .. ? moving forward your front axle ..

Other option that comes to my mind is find ( I'm not sure if is posible over there ) a front straight axle 8" from a pic up /hi lux and place the HP from 80 3rd member.

My axle already is forward a bit. I dont think it can go much farther to help, its just not enough.
About that 8".....anyone know if you can find them? Also, are the strong? How do they compare to a cruiser axle? I do need it to be strong since Im runner 35" tires soon to be 36" or 37" and a blown 350.:cheers:

Mor4wd said:
I thought about it, BUT i cannot find one for a desent price. I do know the 1350 is weaker and less flex but i think it is the only double i can fit up there. How about the toyota double? Is it much bigger than a sinlge?:cheers:

You could also run a Toyota mini truck double cardan. The 1350 stuff is smaller than your OE driveline and weaker too. If my memory serves correctly, the mini truck stuff is size wise smaller than the 1350, but stronger due to the difference in metal. I think it also has a higher operating angle than an OE 1350 double cardan, but not quite sure.

Edit: the Mini truck front axle is 3" narrower than what you have now, and while you would be able to run a high pinion diff, it doesn't sound like it would necessarily take care of your driveline woes.

Mor4wd said:
About that 8".....anyone know if you can find them? Also, are the strong? How do they compare to a cruiser axle? I do need it to be strong since Im runner 35" tires soon to be 36" or 37" and a blown 350.:cheers:

With a front cromo set and locker it's ready to handle your 350 and 39" tires fine ..

But if you aren't locked and dont't plan to run more than 37" mmmm it's on top limit.

The main diferent is the housing .. inside ( out of Ring diameter and 3rd member size ) have the same axles inners and outers than a 60 series front axle.

In fact .. if you where able to find a PZJ-70 series they comes with 8" front High Pinion axle ..

So placing a HP 3rd member on it with inners and outers .. means no really diference to me in axle item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom