FJ80 Front windshield glass replacement ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well boys and girls I have USA Glass scheduled this afternoon with the OEM gasket I required in hand so I should have an update on my install to pass along shortly.

Thanks again for all the feedback. :worms:

Having mine replaced on Monday, interestingly the 93-94 FSM only calls for sealant on the glass side. They must have realized the issue with water intrusion and changed the FSM for the 95-97's to correct this issue.

Attachments

• windshie.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 97
I replaced my front glass with OEM gasket and Fuyao glass. No problems so far. You could seal the glass at any time after installment with the only downside being that the sealing surfaces might get dirty and inhibit sealant from adhering to surface.

Old thread bump.

I might be getting an 80 series that needs a windshield, among a lot of other things, but was wondering if anyone had a reliable glass company near Long Beach, CA that is capable of doing this job correctly. I would do it myself as I used to do windshield replacements at the independent BMW shop I used to work at but I’m wanting insurance to pick up the tab.

Old thread bump.

I might be getting an 80 series that needs a windshield, among a lot of other things, but was wondering if anyone had a reliable glass company near Long Beach, CA that is capable of doing this job correctly. I would do it myself as I used to do windshield replacements at the independent BMW shop I used to work at but I’m wanting insurance to pick up the tab.

The auto glass whisperer in Socal

He did my new OEM glass and gasket a few years ago. 100% legit. Big ups to the homey @midfat for the referral. 👊🏼

He did my new OEM glass and gasket a few years ago. 100% legit.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try and get insurance to use them when I'm ready if I get this 80 series.

You have to pay extra to get windscreen coverage here on pretty much all full-comp insurance policies.

IIRC last time it was discussed earlier this year all color options were NLA.

However there are many sites online that still list it as being available and some say Not For Sale. On the other hand my local dealer said early this year (2022) that all color options had been discontinued.

IDK, maybe a few of us could call our local dealers to confirm??

Is OEM glass available? I know at one time the availability was in question. I think the last piece of OEM glass for an 80 I used was $1100, but that was in 2014'ish?

IIRC last time it was discussed earlier this year all color options were NLA.

However there are many sites online that still list it as being available and some say Not For Sale. On the other hand my local dealer said early this year (2022) that all color options had been discontinued.

IDK, maybe a few of us could call our local dealers to confirm??
OEM glass is NLA.

He did my new OEM glass and gasket a few years ago. 100% legit. Big ups to the homey @midfat for the referral. 👊🏼
Hi Coys,

W/r to Alfredo's windshield replacement, I have the following questions"

a) how long a lead time to get an apt?
b) how long did it take them from drop off to pickup?
c) I am assuming he/you required OEM parts, did you get those from a toyota dealer near them? if so, contact info would be greatly appreciated.

May the force be with you!

Hi Coys,

c) I am assuming he/you required OEM parts, did you get those from a toyota dealer near them? if so, contact info would be greatly appreciated.

A b , give him a ring.

C I supplied the parts but front oem windshield is NLA

Gl!

Hi Coys,

You can still get OEM windshields not sure why people are having trouble finding them. May not be able to use your normal dealer but they’re available. I’m currently looking for one myself. With shipping it’s over $500

You can still get OEM windshields not sure why people are having trouble finding them. May not be able to use your normal dealer but they’re available. I’m currently looking for one myself. With shipping it’s over $500
From where?

OEM windshield was made by PGW and they're no longer in existence from what I believe.

I just looked up the windshield glass at my local dealership and it looks available.

1680722182500.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom